Billing Library version 3.0 + LC version

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Jellobus

Billing Library version 3.0 + LC version

Post by Jellobus » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:20 am

Hi,

All android app must use Billing Library version 3.0 or newer. I am using LC 9.5.1 for some reason. Can I just update Android SDK and upload the app? or Do I have to use newer LC versions?

I must use LC 9.5.1 to avoid crash caused by a scroller. Please let me know if there is any workaround.

Thanks for your help!

PS: Newer LC versions (from LC 9.6.0 and newer) introduce a crash when scrolling down for long on the first card(since there is long text and image content in the scroller) and move to the next card where another scroller exists.

If I test it with a device with a low-resolution pixel display (cheaper devices), there is no crash observed.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Billing Library version 3.0 + LC version

Post by jacque » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:05 pm

LC will implement the new billing library before the August 2 deadline, which is required for new apps. If the app is already in the Play Store then you have until November.

When the new library is available you will need to update to use the new version of LC. The best way to solve your problem is to report the scroller crash so LC can fix it. Have you tested with LC 9.6.1 or 9.6.2rc2? Maybe it is already fixed.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Jellobus

Re: Billing Library version 3.0 + LC version

Post by Jellobus » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Yes, I tested with the latest LC versions. It's not fixed yet. I will report this issue. Thank you.

Return to “Android Deployment”