Visual effects are laggy on android

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

BigameOver

Visual effects are laggy on android

Post by BigameOver » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi guys,
When I try to go to card with visual effects the app becomes really laggy for a second and the movement is not smooth.
How can I fix this?
I tried acceleratedRendering but it seems it has no effect on it.
Here is my code:

Code: Select all

lock screen for visual effect
go to card "itemRegister1Card"
unlock screen with visual effect push right very fast
Thanks

AxWald

Re: Visual effects are laggy on android

Post by AxWald » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi,

try:

set the effectRate to 300          --  Hint: effectRate is in millisecs
   lock screen for visual effect      --  Hint: visual effects seems not to work w/o accelRend
   unlock screen with visual effect "scroll up" very slow  --  Hint: "very slow" = use effectRate!
Have fun!
All code published by me here was created with Community Editions of LC (thus is GPLv3).
If you use it in closed source projects, or for the Apple AppStore, or with XCode
you'll violate some license terms - read your relevant EULAs & Licenses!

BigameOver

Post by BigameOver » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 pm

AxWald wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:32 pm
Hi,

try:

set the effectRate to 300          --  Hint: effectRate is in millisecs
   lock screen for visual effect      --  Hint: visual effects seems not to work w/o accelRend
   unlock screen with visual effect "scroll up" very slow  --  Hint: "very slow" = use effectRate!
Have fun!
Thanks, it works :D. But after the user moving between card a few times it becomes again laggy.
Is there a way to "clean" or reset the visual effect after using and then use it again?

AxWald

Post by AxWald » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi,
BigameOver wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 pm
Is there a way to "clean" or reset the visual effect after using and then use it again?
To be honest - no idea. I use visuals on very sparsely, they tend to become annoying quickly.

Depending on the LC version you use, it may be that's just a bug in the version - I notice (rarely, but sometimes) ca. 1s "lag" when going to another card in LC 9.6.1 - without any apparent cause. But this could have a number of reasons, and I haven't found time yet to investigate it further.

The lag you describe comes only with visual effects?

Have fun!
All code published by me here was created with Community Editions of LC (thus is GPLv3).
If you use it in closed source projects, or for the Apple AppStore, or with XCode
you'll violate some license terms - read your relevant EULAs & Licenses!

Return to “Android Deployment”