Android BarCode Scanner Widgets not working

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

yunior.portilla

Re: Android BarCode Scanner Widgets not working

Post by yunior.portilla » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 pm

Hello sphere

Interesting what you tell me about ARMv7 ARM64. Well, I always selected ARMv7. I will try activating this option and I will try again on the devices where the scanner did not work. Well, as I told you, it is working OK but I am testing with several devices with different versions of android, and Google Play Service.

I tell you I finished testing, I will activate the ARM64 for testing.

sphere

Post by sphere » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:29 pm

If you use the test button in LC, then LC will automatically generate the correct ARM or x86 build for that phone. So that's different than creating the APK yourself where you have to select the type of build you want.
Note that if you want to distribute it on Google Play, best is to create 3 builds. As the size may impact if Google will let it be installed or not depending on the type of phone (memory wise also).
So then create 1 ARMv7, 1 ARM64 and 1 x86/x64 combined apk (x86 phone are almost not used/build anymore as far as i heard/read) , so you need to build 3 times then. Each with their increasing VC number.

yunior.portilla

Post by yunior.portilla » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you very much, for your clarification of my doubt. :)

Return to “Android Deployment”