Default app Screen size in Android?

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

romherjude

Default app Screen size in Android?

Post by romherjude » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:18 am

Hi, I just started learning Livecode. I have a question about the default behaviour of an android app created using Livecode. It seems that, without using 'fullscreenmode', my app sizes itself to an app screen size several times larger than what is prescribed in the stack dimensions.

To illustrate, I have a main stack with dimensions 1080 x 1920 (portrait FHD). Without using 'fullscreenmode' the app opens a scaled (around 2x to 3x) version in my huawei mate 9 phone (with screen resolution of 1080 x 1920. What is the app doing by default?

Checking on a Windows deployment for the same app, it opens correctly, on the other hand.

SparkOut

Re: Default app Screen size in Android?

Post by SparkOut » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 am

In the IDE you can set the size of the stack, and this is what you will get on screen on a desktop deployment. It is possible to have objects on a card that are beyond the boundaries of the stack size and hence invisible.
On mobile (certainly Android, I have no experience with iOS) if there are no specifications set for fullScreenMode, then the minimum stack dimensions will cover any objects that would be outside the rect of the stack specified in the IDE. Is it possible that you have any (maybe hidden) fields or objects beyond normal stack boundaries?

bwmilby

Re: Default app Screen size in Android?

Post by bwmilby » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 am

Create a button that will give you the screenrect directly from the device (or log it to a field when the stack opens). Sounds like the logical screen size is 1/2 or 1/3 actual. If that is the case, then just cut the stack dimensions to match and you will be fine. Anything vector should be rendered at full resolution along with content inside any native controls.

Search for “Mobile Demo” for some stuff I did a while back that may be of interest.
Brian Milby

Script Tracker https://github.com/bwmilby/scriptTracker

Return to “Android Deployment”