Version 9 Deployment issues

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

n.allan
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Version 9 Deployment issues

Post by n.allan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 am

I have a cheap android watch Kingwear KW88. It is running android 5.1.

I also have an app in google play store compiled with a stable version 7 of livecode and it runs fine on the watch. In fact ANY app I can download from play store runs on the watch without issue (apart from the tiny screen :) ) so I think the device is fairly compatible.

BUT attempting to compile even the most basic programs with version 8 or 9 and the app just starts on the watch with a black screen. They work on my phone running V6.0.0.1 but not on the watch. I have tried compiling for android 2.3 and up but there is no difference.

Apart from downloading every version of live code and creating a basic app I'm not really sure what to do. Ideally I would like to try the java JNI stuff but obviously stopped at the first hurdle there.

Any ideas as to why it would install and launch but just with a black screen?

n.allan

Re: Version 9 Deployment issues

Post by n.allan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:48 pm

OK I just tried 8.1.5-rc-1 and 9.0.0-dp-1 and it runs OK on the watch I will get downloading again tonight and see how far I get.

n.allan

Re: Version 9 Deployment issues

Post by n.allan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm

OK 9.0.0-dp-5 is the last version that runs on the watch. dp-6 and dp-7 do not run on it so I'm not imagining it and Livecode used to be compatible with the device. I wonder what has changed to cause the black screen issue?

Return to “Android Deployment”