A problem with the mobile support page

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

LiadTal6

A problem with the mobile support page

Post by LiadTal6 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:20 am

Hello all,
I installed all the software requirements that are needed for an Android developer on Livecode like instructed in the lesson that is called "How do I Become an Android Developer on a Mac?".

I followed the instructions step by step, but when I try to load the Android SDK folder on the mobile support page, I get this following error message: The chosen folder is not a valid Android SDK. Please ensure you have installed it correctly, and enabled support for Android 2.2 (Froyo).

I downloaded to my macbook air the following items:
- Android SDK
- Java SDK (JDK)
- Livecode 7.0.6
- I also installed all the packages from the android SDK manager

After trying to follow answers that were given a few years ago, to people who ask the same question I learned that their answers do not worked today.

What can I do? I really need your help!

Thank you all!
Liad Tal.

rblackmore245

Re: A problem with the mobile support page

Post by rblackmore245 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:50 am

I had a lot of problems getting livecode to use the SDK and kept getting errors when I first set it up.

I think I was downloading the wrong SDK version and also JAVA wasn't registering its variables properly on my version of windows 7.

To be honest I can't quite remember how I fixed this but just googled SDK livecode and java problems and it came up with a few options.

Once it is setup works flawless tho.

Return to “Android Deployment”