App --> Emulator OK, but won't run..

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Chico

App --> Emulator OK, but won't run..

Post by Chico » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi - New LiveCode user here. Very nice, looks quite useful...code reminds me of my old Hypercard days!

However, I'm stuck. I can compile a simple stack ("Hello World"), which loads into the Android emulator. But it just starts, goes to a black screen, and them returns to the desktop screen after a second or two.

I've seen numerous references to this problem in the forums, but I haven't found any solutions. For example:
And even as 2.3.3 created app now installs but when started on emulator screen is black and then stops.
I've loaded and reloaded various older and newer LiveCode and SDK versions to find the magic combo, but no luck yet. Currently running LiveCode 7.0.1 RC2, Android SDK Manager Revision 22 (with Android 4.4.2, 2.3.3 and 2.2 installed and each tried with same problem). LiveCode points to /System/Java/Java Virtual Machines/1.6.0.jdk and typing "java -version" in the terminal returns: java version "1.8.0_25".

Does anyone have a sequence of steps or things I might try try to get past this issue?

Thanks...

UPDATE: I can load the program onto a physical device and it runs ok, just can't get it to run ok on the emulator after loading. I've seen other posts with the same issue...has anybody found a solution...?

Return to “Android Deployment”