Android cell phone can test program but not Tablet

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

abanowBUSTfGf

Android cell phone can test program but not Tablet

Post by abanowBUSTfGf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 am

I managed to connect my Samsung cell phone to my PC (running Vista) and the program runs fine when I "test" it.
The system recognized the cell phone was connected.
When I connect my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, and go to test it, both the "Test" and "Test Target" are greyed
out so I can't proceed to test the program.
I've tried everything and read the comments in the forums etc. I've installed the device drivers, restarted the PC.
The location of the Android development SDK root has not changed.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Android cell phone can test program but not Tablet

Post by Simon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 am

In the Preferences setting, my mobile settings keeps losing the location of the Android SDK.
I just have to reset it everyday.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

sturgis
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Android cell phone can test program but not Tablet

Post by sturgis » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 pm

What version of android is on the device, and what version of lc are you using?

Also, if adb wont' see the device, lc wont' be able to see it either, so if you go to the command prompt, locate adb and run the following command while the device is plugged in, does adb list information about the device? If not, getting adb to recognize the device is the biggest step.

adb devices

If adb sees the device ok, then you might have a very recent version of android. I think jelly bean was problematic for a bit, but think that has been worked out with recent lc. (not sure) I also think samsung has some devices now running 4.2.1, perhaps there is an issue with the newest. You might try building a full standalone, (apk) placing it into dropbox or mailing it to yourself and then trying to install from there onto the android device. (IE Mail it to yourself, check mail on android, download and install the attachment)

Return to “Android Deployment”