Moving App from my Mac to Android Device

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

richervin
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Moving App from my Mac to Android Device

Post by richervin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 am

sturgis wrote:Wow, nothin like making it difficult to dev for a device! Nice link, thx for the info.
The original concept of the Nook was that it would run a limited and restricted version of the Android operating sysem, controlled by B&N. The intent was to sell a low-cost device (at the time, no other device was in this price range) which could only be used to view content controlled by B&N, allowing them to have a prayer of recouping their cost of production and distribution.

Since then, however, many Android tablets have come out in the same price point, defeating the original marketing plan.

Many people bought the device with the expectation that it would be quickly hacked and the limitations removed. At the time, the price discount made sense for some people who were willing to invest the time to hack it later.
LiveCode 5.1.1 on Mac OS Mountain Lion
Attempting to develop for Android and iPhone
Currently on my third trial, and still finding LiveCode to be difficult for mobile applications in general, and particularly poor for Android

Return to “Android Deployment”