Simple application don't start in emulator

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

info26

Simple application don't start in emulator

Post by info26 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I started a few days LiveCode use to create applications for Android.
Now I have a problem with emulator. I tried to compile an application for Android, but would not start. Then I created a stack with a button and an 'answer' as scripts.
I try to test it on the emulator, the application is loaded, but will not start.
In fact starts, but displays a black screen and the application appears to hang. Sometimes trying to return to the Home emulator tells me that the program is not responding.
I made ​​many attempts but nothing changes.
I do not understand.
We must generate a key? I set no key.
Android SDK installed correctly, I think so.

MacOsX X 10.7.4
Emulator for Android 2.2
Live Code 5.5.1 - Module for Android purchased

Give me some suggestions or ask for details
Thank's
Mimmo

sturgis
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Simple application don't start in emulator

Post by sturgis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:22 pm

In 2.2 in the emulator there is a problem. If you disable sensors in the emulator for 2.2 you should be able to get things working (no sensors in the emulator anyway so no big loss) If I recall correctly what I read elsewhere in the forums and on the list, this occurs only in 2.2 and only in the emulator, 2.2 real devices work fine (again, trying to remember what I read, do a search of the forums) Another way around this for testing purposes is to test with 2.3 since things work correctly there.

Return to “Android Deployment”