Android/mobGUI/screen sizes

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rdmiller
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Android/mobGUI/screen sizes

Post by rdmiller » Fri May 25, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm stuck.

John Craig is apparently not responding to any messages, whether here, directly by email, by support ticket, or via the LC email list.

I've been trying to convert a LC ios app (which uses mobGUI) to Android. I was hoping I could just add one custom size of 480x800 to the two iphone/ipad sizes I had already built for. But after testing at Verizon on a few Android devices, I see this won't work. Plus, I asked potential customers to send me their phone details, and just looking at the first five, I found the following:

480x800
720x1280
800x1280
600x1024
540x960

What a mess.

So I see no way to use mobGUI for this. Looks like I have to rely on code to resize objects on the fly.

Still, I want to use mobGUI for scrollers and other objects, as this is already deeply embedded in my app. So how do I handle this? I have no idea how mobGUI will react to resizestack messages on every card, which attempt to resize and re-place objects on each card. Should I just build in that code after the mobGUI preopencard code does its thing? Seems if I do this during development, though, it will make a mess of the object rect values mobGUI is storing.

I'm lost on how to address this. Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard Miller

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Android/mobGUI/screen sizes

Post by FourthWorld » Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Android Deployment”