Resolution Issue?

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sturgis
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Resolution Issue?

Post by sturgis » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:37 am

Its a zip file, not an .html, chances are your mime types aren't set up to recognize a zip so when you click it it shows the binary data in your browser. If you right click the link, and save as it should allow you to save the link. If it saves it as a .html for some reason, change it to a zip and you should be able to unzip it.

I went ahead and did so just now here. If you keep having trouble you can get the stack file directly here. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957935/Screen ... e.livecode in fact from livecode you can execute the following from the message box to open the stack up.

go url http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957935/Screen ... e.livecode
SusanB wrote:I did do that, but it is an html file, not a livecode app. It can't be downloaded without .html at the end of it.

SusanB

Post by SusanB » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 am

But of course!

SusanB

Post by SusanB » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:49 am

I really appreciate your help!!

dave_probertGA6e24

Post by dave_probertGA6e24 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 am

Hi Susan,

Simply right click and choose to 'Save File As...' and then either save it without the .html or with. Once it has downloaded then rename the file so that it has .zip at the end.

If you are running Windows and cannot change the file extension then you will need to change the settings in your Windows to allow you to see/change extensions (it's there somewhere - under a setting to 'hide known extensions' or something. I'm not on a PC at the moment)

The file is definitely a zip file (as can be seen by the 'PK' at the start of the gobbledigook, and should contain a file called 'Screen_Rotation_Example.livecode'

If you are using WinZip or WinRar to unzip files then you can simply drop the saved file onto either of those and they should detect the type.

Keep trying and you will get it.

Cheers,
Dave
Coding in the Sun - So much Fun.
Visit http://electronic-apps.info for released App information.

SusanB

Post by SusanB » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:23 am

It worked! I don't know what I'd do without the kind help from the posters in this forum. I do try to do everything I can think of first so as not to be too much of a nuisance ;)

Return to “Android Deployment”