openSSL version in Livecode

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

paulrichards999

openSSL version in Livecode

Post by paulrichards999 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 am

I have published to the app store using Livecode 6.7.1, but have just received this email from them saying:

Your app xxxxxx is running an outdated version of OpenSSL, which has multiple security vulnerabilities. You should update OpenSSL as soon as possible.
The vulnerabilities were addressed in OpenSSL versions beginning with 1.0.1h, 1.0.0m, and 0.9.8za. To confirm your OpenSSL version, you can do a grep via ("$ unzip -p YourApp.apk | strings | grep "OpenSSL""). For more information about the vulnerability, please consult openssl/news/secadv_20140605.txt.
To confirm that you’ve upgraded correctly, upload the updated version to the Developer Console and check and after five hours.
Please note, while it's unclear whether these specific issues affect your application, applications with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered “dangerous products” and subject to removal from Google Play.
Regards,
Google Play Team

Does anybody know what verson of openSSL livecode is using and has anybody else had this message??

thanks
Paul :D

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: openSSL version in Livecode

Post by LCNeil » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 am

Hi Paul,

If possible, could you file a bug report on this issue with our Quality Control Team as they will be able to investigate this issue further.

http://quality.runrev.com

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com
--

paulrichards999

Post by paulrichards999 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks Neil, all done and confrmed as a bug. Great help (as always)

Bug can be followed here:

RunRev QCC changed bug 14257
Comment # 1 on bug 14257 from RunRev QCC
Hi Paul,

thank you for logging this report.

We have now confirmed the bug in your bug report and will continue to update
you as the status of this issue changes.

Kind Regards,
Hanson
---------
Last edited by paulrichards999 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Simon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Great work as always Nick :)

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Return to “Android Deployment”