Does rTree 2.0.x work?

This is a forum focused on providing support for rTree

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Bernard

Does rTree 2.0.x work?

Post by Bernard » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:01 pm

I downloaded rTree from my member area of the Livecode site. When opened in LC 6.7 or 5.5.2, the library does not appear to work correctly. After following the (minimal) instructions which come with the library, and dragging the object to a stack, the newly created object on the stack simply misbehaves. I tried downloading a version from the Tapirsoft site (v. 2.0.6.dp) and that too exhibits bizarre behaviour.

Does anyone else have rTree 2.0.x working with any version of LC beyond 5.5?

malte

Re: Does rTree 2.0.x work?

Post by malte » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi,

I use it in current projects. What exactly is misbehaving?

Bernard

Re: Does rTree 2.0.x work?

Post by Bernard » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Malte

When I open the library stack and follow the instructions to drag the control onto a stack of my own, what appears on my stack is a malformed control. It will not respond properly to inspection. And the IDE's script editor attempts to open the rTree stack's script (which it cannot do, as the script is password protected).

I've used rTree a couple of years ago and it worked. I'm not sure how to even go about diagnosing what is wrong with the current situation.

As luck would have it, my Mac's power adapter has stopped working, so maybe I will try it with LC on Windows and see what happens.

Bernard

Return to “rTree”