LiveCode Dictionary Off-Screen (multiple monitors change)

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

i2Internet
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

LiveCode Dictionary Off-Screen (multiple monitors change)

Post by i2Internet » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:08 pm

I've repeatedly had issues at LiveCode when attempting to view the Dictionary window which has either been resized to a position where I cannot reach the lower right portion of the window (to make the window smaller), or the Dictionary window is not visible and nowhere to be seen.

The reason this happens at my configuration is that I travel between three locations: my office, my home office, and a third work location -- *and*, at all of these locations I use multiple monitors which are connected to my laptop. When I'm at a location which has smaller of fewer monitors to work with the issue comes into play: LiveCode does not automatically re-position the Dictionary window so that I can see it, or so that I can get to the lower-right so that the window can be resized.

I would very much appreciate some response on this from someone at RunRev. Please let me know that you are aware of the issue, that a ticket has been created for this and that it will be attended to at some point.

Thanks in advance,
- Kevin of Zaz Corp. USA

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: LiveCode Dictionary Off-Screen (multiple monitors change)

Post by Mark » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:29 am

Hi Kevin,

If you want a reply from RunRev, you make a better chance if you write to support.

You can get the dictionary window back with the following line:

Code: Select all

set the loc of stack "revDictionary" to the screenloc
Execute it from the message box or make a plug-in.

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Off-Topic”