iPad blasphemy

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

richervin
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: iPad blasphemy

Post by richervin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:39 pm

It has the perception of being perfect, and for software to be successful, it also has to create the perception of perfect.

Apps that crash, generate error messages, or are difficult to use will be quickly pushed into obscurity.
LiveCode 5.1.1 on Mac OS Mountain Lion
Attempting to develop for Android and iPhone
Currently on my third trial, and still finding LiveCode to be difficult for mobile applications in general, and particularly poor for Android

MobyMom

Post by MobyMom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:59 pm

A friend of mine uses her iPad as a babysitter of sorts. When she has to wait for an appointment she merely loads her daughter's bookshelf and the little one reads and plays happily away. A strong argument for developing interactive kids books. LOL

I don't have an iPad as yet, but I have heard that it is difficult to type with it which I suspect would make many business types apps that would run nicely on a laptop or netbook rather difficult to get accepted by the public. With LiveCode I don't have to worry - I'll just pop apps out there on multiple platforms and then see where the market is for that app type.

WaltBrown

Post by WaltBrown » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:10 am

MobyMom,
There are binders available for the iPad that have built in Bluetooth keyboards - I have a couple blogger friends who happily type away all day long on them without complaint.

By the way, I recently saw a wood replica of the old Apple 1 in wood (with a Bluetooth keyboard as well) that turns your iPad into a replica Apple 1!
Walt
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

Return to “Off-Topic”