Appeal

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Appeal

Post by richmond62 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:09 am

iMaxxx.jpg

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Anyone who wants to "take a walk on the wild side" can see what I am trying to do apart from continuing development of my Devawriter, Pismo and Beowulf (which has been seriously 'in eclipse' for about 4 years):

https://openxtalk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=509

And before I go any further, despite appearances to the opposite, I should like to extend a hand of (admittedly slightly warped) friendship to those at LiveCode central with whose work, and particular generosity and tolerance towards me, none of 'that' would be possible at all.

I did not take part in that online Zoom session about Xavvi in an attempt to 'take down' LC, but to see what could be learnt all round [and any one who has bothered to read through my Abertay Master's thesis should see where my interest lies, even though that is well-nigh 20 years ago]; and I do really hope that:

1. LiveCode (the company) can get out of its past and present doldrums.

1.1. Move out of a building it shares with the Russians!!!!!!!

2. Continues to thrive.

2.1. Even if only because any open source 'thingy' that, eventually, emerges [think primordial something struggling out of mud] needs a standard to measure itself against: just as, let's say, LibreOffice needs Microsoft Office.
Last edited by richmond62 on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:25 pm

Trio.jpg
-
"Two legs good, three legs better."

With apologies to George Orwell. 8)

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:44 am

Of course my next trick is to bung a SCSI PCI card into an old heap of junk to retrieve the code of my Abertay work in RunRev 2 from the ZIP disk I have it backed up on,and my ZIP drive has only a SCSI connexion.

It might be 'fun' ['fun' as in bashing one's head against the wall] to try to reimplement the agent-led thing in such a way as it might be vaguely practicable and useful 20 years later . . . 8)

Even if nothing else, it may be salutary to reflect on the role of decision trees.

Return to “Off-Topic”