Added LiveCode to list on Wikipedia

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

garmeister

Added LiveCode to list on Wikipedia

Post by garmeister » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:08 pm

I noticed that LiveCode was missing from the list of cross-platform software which included others like Xojo, PureBasic etc... So I added LiveCode. :D

Cheers,

Gary
Gary E Chike DMD
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"

stam

Re: Added LiveCode to list on Wikipedia

Post by stam » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:31 pm

Nice one Gary,
I really would have expected LiveCode Ltd to have preempted this and many similar situations, but you've done their job for them ;)

but spot the difference in marketing:
LiveCode: a commercial cross-platform rapid application development language inspired by HyperTalk.
Xojo: a RAD IDE that uses an object-oriented programming language to create desktop, web and iOS apps. Xojo makes native, compiled desktop apps for macOS, Windows, Linux and Raspberry Pi. It creates compiled web apps that can be run as standalone servers or through CGI. And it recently added the ability to create native iOS apps.

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Added LiveCode to list on Wikipedia

Post by richmond62 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:49 am

From what I have seen over the last 20 years, re marketing, LiveCode could not fight themselves out of a paper bag.

Currently interviewing new children for my language school: explaining all sorts of stuff,
the "Richmond advantage" to parents when my language school directly competes with 20+
other language schools: at the end of the day I am more drained than when I actually teach:
obviously LiveCode either couldn't be bothered (well, the thing will just float because any old
fool can see how much better it is than other programming languages), or they weren't prepared
to put money into a decent marketing company to get the job done.

I would far rather people just walked into my school, went "Yeah" and left their kids (and their money)
with me: but the world does not work that way, even if the sun shines out of my backside (problem
is that only I can see that).

Return to “Off-Topic”