What can be done to get LiveCode used in far more schools?

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bogs

Re: What can be done to get LiveCode used in far more schools?

Post by bogs » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:45 am

Well, I should probably add at this point point out that it seems to me I remember you making a lego / turtle stack along the way, and further it seems to me you are in a unique position to present that to your very own students as a test case. You could then in real time determine whether such an experiment bears fruit or not, seems to me ;)

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:56 am

to present that to your very own students as a test case
I wish that were so.

However the only pupils (haven't had any students since I stopped work at a University in Scotland about 18 years ago) I have
at present are ESL ones online.

Whether I will be able to run LiveCode classes in the Summer in my physical school has yet to be seen.

Francesco77

Post by Francesco77 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:25 am

richmond62 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:31 am
AND what is clear to me is that the number of children who have not been brainwashed into
believing that ALL learning has to be instant-satisfaction fun has decreased significantly . . .
Sad but true. I can cofirm this 100% for German kids. The story about new generations of "digital natives" is nothing but a lie.
These kids know absolutely nothing about the devices and the apps they are using.
All they can do is click on "download" and watch what happens. When nothing happens they are clueless.

To put a certain amount of effort to achieve something is for the most part of this children impossible because they never learnt that.

And to be honest: All these "learning environments" with blocks, turtles and little robots are not the kind of apps which these kids use voluntary or for fun. If not a few parents would actively encourage their children these apps would not work either.

Return to “Off-Topic”