quick forum reply editor?

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

quick forum reply editor?

Post by dunbarx » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Not that it matters, but, at least in the "IDE Contributors" pane, there is a new fast reply field always sitting at the bottom of the posts. This gizmo does not exist, say, in this pane. Feature or bug?

Craig

bogs

Re: quick forum reply editor?

Post by bogs » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Feature, and an awesome one once you get used to it. Frankly, I hope it spreads to every part of the forum :D

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:00 am

awesome
Well, for some maybe; but not if like me you're hung up on doing text tricks like this. :D

bogs

Post by bogs » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:13 am

Ahhh, but you *can* do those from the quick editor (from memory), but your not required to use the quick editor, you can still reach the full fledged editor with the normal routine.

The "bonus" to the quick editor is just what it implies, you have a reply, you don't feel the need for a full editor. I've loved them on every forum I've been on that has had one, they are awesome indeed.

bogs

Post by bogs » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 am

I typed this post from the quick editor -
Ahhh, but you *can* do those from the quick editor (from memory), but your not required to use the quick editor, you can still reach the full fledged editor with the normal routine.

The "bonus" to the quick editor is just what it implies, you have a reply, you don't feel the need for a full editor. I've loved them on every forum I've been on that has had one, they are awesome indeed.
This text is bold, not italic.

Return to “Off-Topic”