Help Topic

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

SirWobbyTheFirst
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Help Topic

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:16 am

Im using this topic to post any help queries that I have for Revolution from now on rather than creating a new topic.

I've implemented a set of stacks to host the configuration details for my application in particular the critical settings that it needs to startup as well as the settings that enable it to warn the user when it needs to be activated.

My application uses a security system built in and by default has three users Administrator, Guest and SYSTEM (With SYSTEM and Admin being the highest privileges). However I want to limit what changes are made to configuration stacks to Administrators and SYSTEM only with users being read only. I have a stack called SAM which contains all the user account details as well as custom properties which list what users are in which groups.

Is there anyway to catch an attempt to write to the SAM as well as other configuration stacks? I have heard about SetProp and GetProp handlers but I'm not sure about whether they would work. Each stack which is opened will have the username of the person logged on set in a custom property.

If any more details are needed just let me know and i'll post them. Revolution Enterprise 3.0 on Windows 7 RC.

Thanks

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Dear mickpitkin92,

Please post your question in the right section of your forum. That will increase the probability to get an answer and reduces the risk of being deleted by a moderator.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

SirWobbyTheFirst

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Sorry Mark. It just seems the questions I ask seem to me like they're not the usual questions people would ask.

Return to “Off-Topic”