Apps having stopped functionality?

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sphere

Apps having stopped functionality?

Post by sphere » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi,
Long time no see,

just something I'd like to know.
I have 3 apps on the Google Play which have stopped working partly, and as I have no error messages I think it's mainly because they need access to the database via https php middleware. And these php files work correct.

Is it possible that apps previously made with Indy 9.6.3 version (before the end of Open-source) contain parts which have stopped working?
If so then that would be strange, because in my opinion they should still be working normally because that Indy version was not part of the new rules yet.
And then I'll need to rebuild them with what I use now.

Or is that only possible with the LC version after that (because now you need to keep paying for functionality).
If not then I have to seek the fault somewhere else, but as far as I can see and test, nothing has changed from my side.

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Sphere

stam

Re: Apps having stopped functionality?

Post by stam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 pm

My understanding from the forum discussions at the time of the Big Change was that existing Indy apps will continue to work normally and indeed Indy will remain functional, within the constraints of changes in OS that necessitate upgrading.
Perhaps it's something to do with changes in Android?

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:20 pm

Can you test the stack in the IDE to see if it fails there too? If it works okay there then it's not likely it's the standalone. If it fails in the IDE you can trace the scripts to see where the failure is.

It also might be helpful to find out what version of Android the users have. Android 12 changed a lot of things including permissions management.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

sphere

Post by sphere » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:34 pm

Sorry for the pause in answering this. I've had disabled email notifications.
I've changed to php8.0, so maybe this is a bit more strict. so for one php file I now got an error message. Also shown via "Answer the result". This is solved now.
I checked one app, and for this it partly seems to work now in the IDE, I'm getting the info in. So all php files do work correct when accessed directly in the browser, no error messages at all.
In the App on Android it's a different story, have to figure out what's happening. I try on emulator too.
I'll report back when solved.
Thanks !

Return to “Off-Topic”