Submitting App to Apple Store

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sylvanr

Submitting App to Apple Store

Post by sylvanr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:10 pm

As I am trying to upload my app to the iTunes store, I see it is a bit more complex than I thought and so created this topic.

I am wondering if LiveCode is compatible with iAds? Has anyone integrated iAds into a LiveCode app?? What does that entail?
Last edited by sylvanr on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sylvanr

Re: Submitting App to Apple Store

Post by sylvanr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 am

hm... so when I try to use the application loader with my little app created in LiveCode, I get a message "Application failed codesignverification. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with and Apple submission certificate."

sylvanr

Post by sylvanr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:48 am

I have finally figured out how to get my distribution certificate and added it to my keychain but still getting the error message. I have replaced the "Team Provisioning Profile" in my LiveCode Basic Application settings to a Distribution profile. I am now getting cssmerr_tp_not trusted error message.

Any help on this topic would be deeply appreciated. :?

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Two things spring to mind.

1. Does your internal app id match the one in your provisioning cert?
2. Have you installed all the Apple certs as well?

If you go through the provisioning portal on the developer.apple.com site and create a new distribution certififcate this will prompt you to enter the internal app id (eg com.yourname.appname), then install a couple of general certs, and then a specific cert for your app. I usually name the certs for the app 'myapp.appstore' so I can find them quickly.

If you install them all, then go back to Livecode, make sure the internal app id matches, then select your myapp.appstore cert and build the app, this should work.

Andy

sylvanr

Post by sylvanr » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks, Andy.
I think that one of the problems I was having was that I was not changing from Team Provisioning certification to Distribution certification when setting the Standalone Application Settings. There is documentation about the Team Provisioning step in the iOS documentation which let me test the app on my iPhone but there was no mention anywhere about changing that in the profiles to the Distribution certification. I had downloaded the Distribution certification and added it to my keychain but had no clue that I needed to do anything else but kept going back over everything and remembering that I did have to add that Team Provisioning Certification to the profile and then thought maybe I had to change the profile. BUT, then there was no documentation on how to do that. When I clicked on the Team Provisioning Profile, there was no option for adding another profile. Finally, after hours and hours, I came across something that suggested dragging the downloaded Distribution Certification to the Xcode icon. After I stumbled onto that, voila, the Distribution profile was now available in the Standalone Application Settings profiles menu. It sure would have helped if this had been in the LiveCode iOS documentation! :(

Once I was able to find my way to this step. I still couldn't get it to upload, using the Application Loader. Since there was no documentation about any of this, I just flailed around some more and kept trying things. Persistence eventually paid off. I now know that even AFTER you have added the Distribution Certification, Livecode doesn't necessarily save it with the app as easily as one might assume. For me, it wouldn't work, until I had cleared the app from memory, restarted LiveCode and I think I even restarted the computer at that point. Eventually, after another few hours, I used the Application Loader and it went through. But then I realized there was a problem with the one I uploaded, (after all that!!) so I made the little change to the app I needed to make and then wanted to test the new version on my iPhone so I needed to go back to the Provisioning Profile. Before I did this, though, I saved the new version of the app with the Distribution Certification as it had taken me so long to be able to do that previously.

Sure enough, it was a bit problematic getting back to the Provisioning Profile. I would change the profile in the LiveCode Standalone Application Settings from Distribution to Provisioning but when I saved my app, it wouldn't load onto my iPhone, saying it wasn't signed properly. When I went back to the Standalone Application Settings, I could see that it was still using the Distribution Certification Profile even though I had thought I had changed it to the Provisioning Profile. Again, I cleared the app from memory, restarted LiveCode until I saw that the Provisioning Profile was actually saved and then was able to save my app as a standalone that would work on my iPhone again. So again, I think it would have helped a lot for the iOS LiveCode documentation to have included this step as I think most people will plan to go beyond the Provisioning step, and like me, it may not be so obvious what you do at that point. Of course, the Apple documentation covers nothing about LiveCode, so I think RunRev needs to address this??

Anyway, FINALLY, my app has been uploaded to the Apple Store. I am in the "waiting for review" state to see if they approve or reject. It has been a journey!! :)

I hope others that get lost where I did will be able to find this explanation of what happened with me helpful and can learn from my experience.

Thanks, Andy, for the reply!

Karim

Post by Karim » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 am

Hello,

Ok, I've missed something completly.

I've saved my standalone app, but can't figure out the first thing about how to use the application loader to up load it.

How do you get the Application loader to recognize the saved standalone app as an 'archived app' ready to be uploaded?

Is there a tutorial I missed?

Thanks.

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:10 am

Have you put your app in a zip file (right click on a mac and select compress).

observ3
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by observ3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 am

andyh1234 wrote:Have you put your app in a zip file (right click on a mac and select compress).
Second this. It isn't clearly spelled out in the documentation, but the app loader only works with .zip files.
Check out my LiveCode program, WriteSpire, on the App Store!

Danny

Post by Danny » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 pm

PLEASE HELP I don't think I have any hair left. :(
I have been trying for about 10 hours in total to submit my app to the app store and I can't understand any of it. I did make a distribution cert. and a distribution profile I loaded it into xcode, liveCode, the provisioning portal, restarted my computer, restarted LiveCode, and i'm still getting CodeSign error. I am at a loss and I don't know what to do. I also have some kind of bundle error that i'm not sure about. Wether I messed it up at the start of my app submission process or not, I don't know. If someone could explain how the whole SKU and Bundle ID work and how I can enter the correct info would be great.
I posted a picture so that it might help.

If you could help it would mean a lot.

Danny
EDIT: I got everything working except the codesign. What did you mean by removing the app from memory. That answer would help a bunch
By the way you never told us what the name of you app was
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 6.39.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 6.39.13 PM.png (25.16 KiB) Viewed 15293 times

sylvanr

Post by sylvanr » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey Danny,
I haven't logged on here for a while and had some time today. I don't know if you were able to get your app uploaded to the Apple Store or not but uploading my first App probably did take about ten hours! I wish there had been better documentation on how to do that. The second and third apps were a lot easier. As I said before, I just kept flailing around on that first app and trying everything I could think of and eventually it all worked and I got it uploaded. On the second app, there was less flailing around as I realized I had to make sure I was using the right profile. I think half the problem is with Livecode documentation and the other half of the problem is with Apple documentation. It is still not clear enough to me that I could write out clear instructions or I would!! The next time I upload an app, I will try to make better notes. Hope you have had success by the time you read this!

sylvanr

Post by sylvanr » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 pm

If you are asking me "What did you mean by removing the app from memory," -- under the file menu "close and remove from memory."

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeah I'm still trying to get it up and away. I know what you mean by flailing around because I feel like I've tried everything (except the one thing that will make it work :) and I've google searched solutions and it looks like that's what a lot of people are doing. I hope that one of the moderators sees this post and does something about it soon because a lot of the documentation out there is for xCode programs and not LiveCode. I'll post again if I can get it up there. I'm not about to fall just before the finish line.

Danny

Yes I did find that

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 pm

I think I might have found something that will help a lot of people with this problem! I'll post again soon.
I'm getting excited!

Danny

paul_gr

Post by paul_gr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:33 am

Danny wrote:I think I might have found something that will help a lot of people with this problem! I'll post again soon.
I'm getting excited!
Danny
Good to know...
I'm close to abandoning everything to do with iOS...
It's been one of those weeks :D

Paul
Last edited by paul_gr on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:29 am

So I thought that when I found the info.plist then I could make it codesign compatible but to no avail. I'm going to contact RunRev about this because I have no idea how to do this, and all the documentation out there is for xCode.

We need some help and I think that they can and are willing I will get back to this thread when/if I get a response.

Danny

Return to “iOS Deployment”