Fun With App Store Review

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

LG73

Fun With App Store Review

Post by LG73 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:48 am

I've been trying since Monday to get the new version 2.0 of my app UHD Radio published in the App Store. Yesterday morning I was advised by App Store Review that 4 iPad screenshots I had uploaded for the App Store listing had album art that was a copyright infringement so they had to be removed. I removed the offending screenshots and resubmitted the app for review. This morning it was rejected a second time and this time they listed every screenshot as a problem with the album art! This never happened with version 1.0 or my other published app Cinque Ports Radio.

Something has changed with App Store Review so it appears screenshots of apps for the App Store listing must be very carefully chosen. They won't accept a submission without at least one screenshot for iPhone and iPad (unless one explicitly excludes iPad from being able to get the app).

This morning I replaced the screenshots with "album art" showing the logos for the 4 radio stations available in the app. Those are logos I created and own and I included a note to that effect. I'm waiting for review now wondering if it will be 3rd time lucky.

If not, I will have to submit a release form saying that I'm allowing myself to use my artwork that I created in my app that I created! Making a release form to myself for my own stuff is literally being beside myself.

I mention this here for the benefit of fellow LiveCoders who have pending submissions to the App Store for release.
Cheers,

Phil
LG73 - Vancouver's Hit Music Mix!
http://www.LG73.ca/

LG73

Re: Fun With App Store Review

Post by LG73 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:19 pm

Got lucky on the 3rd try. After deleting all the screenshots which had actual album art, uploading screenshots with the radio station logos helped the app finally get through review and into the App Store. I never did have to upload a new build of the app. The issue was contained to copyright concerns about the App Store screenshots.
Cheers,

Phil
LG73 - Vancouver's Hit Music Mix!
http://www.LG73.ca/

stam

Re: Fun With App Store Review

Post by stam » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:44 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Phil. Makes sense in retrospect but easy to oversee… and congrats on the new releases :)

Return to “iOS Deployment”