Before I go nuts... iOS app submission to TestFlight

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Jim Mac
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Before I go nuts... iOS app submission to TestFlight

Post by Jim Mac » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:19 pm

Well, I've once again run into a WTF situation with certs and provisioning profiles, etc.

I am finally sitting down to update our app and, since my main machine can't be updated to run Xcode 14.2 which means it can't access iOS 16.2 which means I can't use to for deployment, I've transferred everything to my laptop which is newer.

I've been having trouble with identities, certs and provisioning profiles.

In order to get the app on my phone for testing, I created a new development certification and profile on Apple's developer site. I downloaded the cert and profiles and "installed" them by double clicking on them... 1st the cert which opened KeyChain Access and the provisioning profile which opened Xcode 14.2. After doing that, I plugged my phone into the laptop, selected it as Test Target and then ran "Test". The app updated on my phone but wouldn't open saying I needed to be in "Developer Mode" (Surprise, I don't remember ever having to do that before). After a while figuring out what that meant, I found out how to turn Developer Mode on [Settings>Privacy & Security... scroll to bottom of screen and toggle Developer Mode on] and I can now load and test the app.

My next step is to get everything working so I can use TestFlight.
That means I should use a "Deployment" cert and profile. I already have certs and profiles that used to work. I had previously downloaded copies of those versions to the laptop (they worked on the old machine) and.....
When I try to build the standalone, I get a : "There was an error while saving the standalone application could not find a valid identity to use for the selected profile"

I think I will need to delete the certs from KeyChain and the profiles (from Xcode?).. the older ones that are still be active and, hopefully, re-install them after restarting.

I am afraid, I will need to
1) delete all certs, etc. from the Apple developer website
2) create whole new sets for Deployment
3) Re-download them
4) Re-install them
5) Try building standalone again.
I will then have to repeat that on my desktop.

I'll be honest.. I'm dreading that whole process.

Does anyone have some "Quick" fixes I could pursue?
Why is this so challenging? I don't have enough brain left to deal with this.

Jim

MacBook Pro
MacOS 13.4 (Ventura)
Livecode 9.6.9 Stable
Xcode 14.2
iPhone XR

Jim Mac

[UPDATE] Before I go nuts... iOS app submission to TestFlight

Post by Jim Mac » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:24 am

Well... I figured it out. Yes I needed to create new certificates and providing profiles. I got the standalone created.
After a wee bit of confusion with AirLaunch, I created the .ipa file.

I used Transporter to deliver the file to App Store Connect and... I got an error message I haven't seen before...
Asset validation failed (90502)
Invalid Bundle. Your binary, 'com.xxxx.xxxx', has a 64-bit architecture slice, so you must include the "arm64" value for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in your Xcode project. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... 009252-SW3).(ID: 2c8db7bd-6836-47fa-b871-3828c08bee58)
I haven't read through it BUT... my guess is this means pList modifying again. I remember having to do the ages ago for a different reason but had hoped that was all in the past.

Anyone have any exerience with this?

This really strikes me as something that should just work.

Return to “iOS Deployment”