Unable to build an iOS standalone

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

GoneToSail

Unable to build an iOS standalone

Post by GoneToSail » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:11 pm

While some others are unable to install their app, I'm already stuck at the previous step...
I have recently switched to a new Powerbook Pro using MacOS Monterey version 12.0.1, and I had to restart the whole process to be able to save an iOS standalone app and install it.
I am now using LC 9.6.6 rc-1 and Xcode 13.2.
It seems that the installation of the various certificates were completed without any problem.
However when trying to build a standalone iOS app, I get the following error message:
"There was an error while saving the standalone application
failed to create launch screen: run: error: unable to find utility "ibtool", not a developer tool or in PATH"
I initially thought that the problem might be similar to the one described in the lesson named "I'm getting an error when trying to save as standalone on Mac" but the answer to the Terminal command was: "xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Uodate" to install updates", which obviously seems unecessary.
I've checked that I have actually installed the 3 required Launch PNG images in the Splash Screen window (Standalone Application Settings/iOS/Splash), and I have no idea about the use of this "ibtool" utility...

Has anybody found the same problem or has any idea on how to complete the saving process ?
Thanks.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Unable to build an iOS standalone

Post by jacque » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:41 pm

I just had the same problem. Launch XCode 13.2 and it should ask you to install additional components. Let it do that. Then go to XCode preferences -> Locations pane and choose XCode 13.2 from the Command Line Tools popdown. That should fix it.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

GoneToSail

Post by GoneToSail » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:09 pm

Yess, it works fine !
Thank you Jacqueline, you make my new year much brighter 8)
I have no idea how you could find the trick to launch Xcode and fill an empty field in the Preferences, but this is only due to my rather poor knowledge of Apple development tools (that's why I love LC).
Very nice job, I hope it will help some other guys…

jacque

Post by jacque » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:40 pm

I found it because someone else told me, I'm just paying it forward. And besides, I'll do anything to make this year brighter than the dumpster fire that was last year. :)
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “iOS Deployment”