Issues (again) to upload to Apple Store

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

Issues (again) to upload to Apple Store

Post by simon.schvartzman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi team, I'm sorry to bother you all with this (again)

My environment is:
- Mojave 10.14.6
- XCode 11.3

Using LC 9.6.1 when I upload with Transporter 1.2.1 I get
Transporter error .png
Using LC 9.6.2 (rc3 or rc5) on top of that I also get
lc error 9.6.2 RC5.png
lc error 9.6.2 RC5.png (30.06 KiB) Viewed 7773 times
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!
Simon

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Issues (again) to upload to Apple Store

Post by jacque » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Have you created a provisioning profile in the dev portal? If this is for distribution in the app store then it needs to be a distribution profile, not a development profile. Once you have the profile installed in Keychain you should assign it to the app in standalone settings. That should fix the first error.

I'm not sure what would cause the build error in your second image. I think you must have installed the command line tools for Xcode since building with 9.6.1 worked. I haven't checked but maybe 9.6.2 needs a different version of Xcode.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Hi Jacque, thanks for your reply, remarks below
Have you created a provisioning profile in the dev portal?
Yes, as a matter of fact I'm trying to upload a new version of an APP which is already available on the Apple Store.
If this is for distribution in the app store then it needs to be a distribution profile, not a development profile. Once you have the profile installed in Keychain you should assign it to the app in standalone settings. That should fix the first error.
I understand the process and, just in case, I've created a new distribution provisioning profile but the result is exactly the same
I'm not sure what would cause the build error in your second image.
Interestingly enough, even with the build error the application gets generated!
I think you must have installed the command line tools for Xcode since building with 9.6.1 worked. I haven't checked but maybe 9.6.2 needs a different version of Xcode.
According to the Announcement for the Release of 9.6.2 RC 5 I've the proper Xcode Version (11.3). The only difference is with regards to the macOS version which is 10.14.6 in my case and 10.14.4 is mentioned in the release, but I don't think that could be the cause
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 14.11.05.png
Anyway I opened a Support Request and Elanor has been interacting with me
Simon

okk

Post by okk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 am

Hi Simon, I have the same or at least similar development set-up. Macos 14.6, Xcode 13.3, LC 9.6.1 Indy. I created a distribution profile for iOS and I was able to deliver the app via transporter (with a warning, see below). Initially I had problems with my provisioning profile as well, and after two nights fiddling around I found this forum tip which helped me, I just downloaded and installed the certificate that was linked in the post and than I got everything working as expected.
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/662300
It has to do with some so called "Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Intermediate Certificate" having expired on January 28, 2021. That could explain that the provisioning profile worked earlier for you but not anymore. https://developer.apple.com/support/expiration/
I think it is similar issue as discussed in this thread.
https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=35617

Nevertheless when delivering the app with Transporter I got a warning:
WARNING ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 13.2 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later. Further, starting April 26, 2021 iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 14 SDK or later, included in Xcode 12 or later."
What is the implication of this? Do I need to upgrade to Catalina?
Thanks!
Oliver

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi Oliver, many thanks for your help. I've tried all of this and still not joy....this is how my Keychain looks like, seems alright, don't know what am I doing wrong.
keychain.png
Can you see any significant difference between mine and yours?

p.s.: I've contacted LC support but unfortunatly not real help has been received from them yet
Simon

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Dear helpers, I'd like to apologize to all of you for wasting your precious time.

The uploading error was due to the fact that I forgot to rename the Folder to Payload before compressing it !!! (@trevix input)

And the build error with 9.6.3 was because I didn't properly update Xcode command line !!! (Elanor input)

I'm going to impose a penalty to myself in order to pay society for my wrong doing: starting now I will no code for the next 30 seconds !!!

Many thanks to all and regads
Simon

okk

Post by okk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Hi Simon,
congrats for solving the issue. Did you now receive the same warning when delivering the app via transporter?
WARNING ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 13.2 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later. Further, starting April 26, 2021 iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 14 SDK or later, included in Xcode 12 or later."
Thanks.
Oliver
Last edited by okk on Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Yes Oliver, I got exactly the same warning which I ignored.

Do you know what to do after April 26?
Simon

okk

Post by okk » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi, I have upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 and Xcode 12.1. and did several ritualistic sacrifices to the apple gods to ensure submission to the app store would continue to work. I will report back as soon as I have some results.

Best

Oliver

okk

Post by okk » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi Simon,
I can report a succesful upgrade of my development environment to MacOs Catalina 10.15.7, Xcode 12.1 and LC 9.6.2 rc5. It was remarkably glitch free. After the upgrade I opened my livecode project, saved it as standalone for iOS with my exisiting distribution provisioning profile, did the payload zipping workaround and dropped it into Transporter. I was so happy to see that green check-mark icon - especially when I only needed 1 try.
Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 15.56.43.png

What took a lot of time though before I could make the jump to Catalina was to ensure that documents created with 32 bit software were converted to a format usable with newer 64 bit software. In my case I needed to open 957 Indesign files and export them in the idml format since I only owned the dated 32 bit version of Indesign and I am now using Affinity products. So make sure you don't require any 32bit sofware before the upgrade or make a clone of your current system.

Best
Oliver

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:14 pm

Oliver, I'm glad to hear you were able to do it. Congratulations!

I'm not sure if I will embark in this journey unless I've to.

Will see

Regards.
Simon

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:51 am

Hi Oliver, FYI I wasn't as lucky as you and after 3 days fighting with my Mac (and with great help from Apple support) I had to format my Mac !!! First time in my life I have to format my working computer....anyway Catalina is installed now and I'm starting to install all my apps again.

Best
Simon

okk

Post by okk » Mon May 03, 2021 11:43 am

Hi, I am sorry to hear you needed to go that far. I must have had a very lucky day. Congratulations to 500 posts! best. Oliver

Sholly

Post by Sholly » Fri May 07, 2021 3:38 am

Hi Oliver, can you please tell me if you had the attached issue? I also upgraded everything like you did but a new error kept coming up
Attachments
Screenshot_20210506-213706.jpg

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Fri May 07, 2021 10:20 am

@Sholly, I had this issue too.

The steps you have to follow are:

1 - rename the folder saved by LC standalone to Payload
2 - compress the Payload folder
3 - rename the compressed file to application.ipa
4 - upload using Transporter

Hope it helps