No matter the Launch image, I get 320x480

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

djkesler
Livecode Opensource Backer

No matter the Launch image, I get 320x480

Post by djkesler » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:06 pm

I have a stack that was originally created under LC 7 probably. I used the 320x480 size to design my app, as there were quite a few older iPhones in use as the time. Over the years I have modified the stack to better use the bigger screens, always supplying an appropriate sized splash screen and using the "exactfit" fullscreen mode. The stack has lived through LC7, 8 and is now on LC 9.6.2(rc1) Life was good!

Since Apple has changed the model and has implemented "story boards", I have been struggling to get my app to utilize the full screen on my iPhone 11 Pro. It insists on presenting a 320x480 point based area. It doesn't matter what sizes I put in the Launch image areas. I have confirmed that the screenrect is 320x480 in the first line of "preopenscript".

I tried duplicating the stack in the project browser, thinking that it would create a LC 9 stack and copy all the objects, but it does, in fact, just duplicate the old stack. So, it had the same problem.

I tried experimenting with a new, simple stack that just present an image and a couple of fields to see if that would be able to use the whole of the screen. No problem there. I copied the whole first card of my original stack into the test stack. That worked too!

My question is, even though I am using LC 9.6.2(rc1) and not saving in any legacy mode:

Is there something in the old,(LC 7) stack file that could be an artifact that is causing the problem? If so, how could I fix it?

Second question.

It it reliable to create a new stack and then copy the cards from another stack into it using the project browser?

Thanks for any help.

David Kesler

bwmilby

Re: No matter the Launch image, I get 320x480

Post by bwmilby » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Did you manually modify the plist at any point? If so, that could be retaining old splash screen info.
Brian Milby

Script Tracker https://github.com/bwmilby/scriptTracker

djkesler

Re: No matter the Launch image, I get 320x480

Post by djkesler » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:29 am

Deleting the info.plist file in the copied files section worked! I never have paid any attention to that entry since LC added it automatically.

Thanks so much!

David Kesler

Return to “iOS Deployment”