ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

gstarox

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Post by gstarox » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 am

I created and submitted my iOS app to App Store Connect. But after submitting the build I got this email
We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "HIITimer Interval Workout" 1.0.1 (1). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... 94-CH6-SW1.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

When I tried to research this problem on the forum etc. I see some people have said it's just a warning that can be ignored but on the App Store Connect website it says "Invalid Binary" in red. I tried to click "Submit for Review" again but I got the same email. Is there any chance it's going to get sent through if I don't do anything?

On the developer.apple.com end in the Identifier for my app's Capabilities I unticked Push notifications and created a new distribution provisioning profile and resubmitted but this did not fix it.
In the Standalone App Settings for LC, I do not see any options for Push Notifications. And I don't think I've created any in my app.

Mac Catalina Version 10.15.3
iPhone X IOS 13.3.1
LiveCode 9.6.0 (dp3)
Xcode 10.1 & 11.3 placed in the iOS SDKs

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:07 am

Hello gstarox,

This is just a warning, and can safely be ignored for now.

I am wondering why you still see "Invalid Binary" in red though. I take it there no other info / warning that explains why the binary is invalid?

Let's wait some time, just in case it needs some time for Apple to update the info.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

PS:
Xcode 10.1 & 11.3 placed in the iOS SDKs
I am not entirely sure if this will not cause any problems. Do you need Xcode 10.1? If not, I would suggest you replace it with Xcode 11.3 (which includes the iOS 13.2 SDK), which is what LC 9.6.0 DP-3 expects on Catalina.

gstarox

Post by gstarox » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:32 am

LiveCode_Panos wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:07 am
Hello gstarox,

This is just a warning, and can safely be ignored for now.

I am wondering why you still see "Invalid Binary" in red though. I take it there no other info / warning that explains why the binary is invalid?

Let's wait some time, just in case it needs some time for Apple to update the info.

Kind regards,
Panos
I realised just now, that the email reporting ITMS-90078 comes after the app has been delivered and processed but before I Build.
It then still let's me add it to the Build, Submit for Review. Then a minute later it gives me "Invalid Bundle" with no other information/email/explanation to why.

Thus I'm not sure if the Invalid Bundle is linked to ITMS-90078 or is another issue all together.

I have contacted Apple App Review Team and hopefully they can get back to me soon with more info, so I know what needs to be addressed.

Again, thanks for your quick replies.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 am

Hello gstarox,

Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully Apple support team will give some feedback.

Keep us posted :)

Kind regards,
Panos
--

gstarox

Post by gstarox » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:04 pm

LiveCode_Panos wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 am
Hello gstarox,

Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully Apple support team will give some feedback.

Keep us posted :)

Kind regards,
Panos
--
Despite email/calling various Apple teams they never gave me a proper answer to why it was an Invalid Binary with no explanation - it may have been a bug.
But after a lot of trial and error I finally got my app onto the Apple App Store today. I can't pinpoint exactly why. but if it's of any use to you:
- I ended up using LC 9.5.1 with Xcode 10.1 SDK 12.1
- I did the terminal thing you told me to do sudo xcode-select -s path/to/your/xcode.app (I think this may have been the main issue)
- the icons linked up when I built a standalone app without the manual workaround of copyfiles and editing the info.plist
- when I compare the info.plist of the binaries that did not work with the one that finally did, the following Keys were blank (DTPlatformBuild, DTPlatformVersion, DTSDKBuild, DTXcode, DTXcodeBuild) and DTSDKName were "iphoneos" instead of "iphoneos12.1"
- I still got the errors
- ITMS 90339 (UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend) which I deleted from info.plist
- ITMS-90078 Missing Push Notification which I ignored
- ITMS 90725 SDK Version issue which I ignored and ITMS 90809 Deprecated API usage which I ignored. But it warned about April 30th 2020 no. longer supporting SDK 12.1

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Hello gstarox,
- I did the terminal thing you told me to do sudo xcode-select -s path/to/your/xcode.app (I think this may have been the main issue)
Ok, this does make sense, and it explains why the icons are now linked, as well as why you see this difference in the two plists:
- when I compare the info.plist of the binaries that did not work with the one that finally did, the following Keys were blank (DTPlatformBuild, DTPlatformVersion, DTSDKBuild, DTXcode, DTXcodeBuild) and DTSDKName were "iphoneos" instead of "iphoneos12.1"
RE the other 3 warnings you get:
-1 ITMS 90339 (UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend) which I deleted from info.plist
-2 ITMS-90078 Missing Push Notification which I ignored
-3 ITMS 90725 SDK Version issue which I ignored and ITMS 90809 Deprecated API usage which I ignored. But it warned about April 30th 2020 no. longer supporting SDK 12.1
1 and 3 are fixed in LC 9.6 DP-3+, and 2 can be ignored for now.

Note: If you build with LC 9.6 DP-3/4 (thus with Xcode 11.3), you will need again to do:

Code: Select all

sudo xcode-select -s path/to/your/xcode11.3.app
Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:19 pm

@Panos: What is the difference between choosing an Xcode version in its Location pane, and using the Terminal command?
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:35 pm

@jacque

No difference, both ways do exactly the same thing ;)

Cheers,
Panos

Return to “iOS Deployment”