Unable to submit to App Store - Plist problems

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rofe

Unable to submit to App Store - Plist problems

Post by rofe » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 am

Hi,
I have a running app that runs perfect in development mode on my iPhone.
Submission to the app store failed multiple times with various ERROR and warning messages.
a) I make a standalone, do all necessary steps and make a submission
--> the review team would reject my app telling me that:
"We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their location but does not clarify the use of the location in the applicable purpose string. Next Steps:
Please revise the relevant purpose string in your app’s Plist file to specify why the app is requesting access to the user's location. You can modify your app's Plist file using the property list editor in Xcode."

The default string saying "This app requires access to Location Services when in use" is obviously not good enough.
So: I make a new "Plist" file and include this one into the stack as any other external file.
I change the string to this: "This app requires access to Location Services when in use to calculate heading and distance."

Anything else is the same in the "Plist" file.
- I make a new standalone with this external file
b) I submit this app and get some serous ERRORS, there is no chance that this file is accepted.

By e-Mail I get this message and the upload is deleted afterwards. I cannot submit any review:

"ITMS-90535: Unexpected CFBundleExecutable Key - The bundle at '/Payload/Quo Vadis/Quo Vadis43-FINAL - APP Provision File/PList ohne "UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend"/Plist' does not contain a bundle executable. If this bundle intentionally does not contain an executable, consider removing the CFBundleExecutable key from its Plist and using a CFBundlePackageType of BNDL. If this bundle is part of a third-party framework, consider contacting the developer of the framework for an update to address this issue."

Problem:
How can I change that standard Plist entry when making a standalone app to an other remark? Somehow the inclusion of an external Plist does not make a valid app. Although if I check the package content, I cannot see any missing files.

Thank you for your support - checked all possible forums for a solution.
my config:
* Livecode 9-5 Indy
* Xcode 11
* iMac 5K, Mac OS 10-14-6 Mojave

rofe

Re: Unable to submit to App Store - Plist problems

Post by rofe » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:38 am

I think I found the solution:
The external Plist file was not in the same folder as the LiveCode source file when making a standalone. Therefore the standalone would have a sub folder with a second Plist file in it.
This will confuse the app uploader and reject the uploaded file.
Now I will see what the review person thinks about my new remark about using location service.

Return to “iOS Deployment”