mobilePick and mobilePickDate commands

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

GoneToSail

mobilePick and mobilePickDate commands

Post by GoneToSail » Thu May 12, 2016 10:06 am

Hi everyone !

Question 1: Is there any way to localize the "Cancel" and "Done" buttons displayed by these commands, so that the user does not feel that the app is not finished or has not been fully translated into the desired language ?

Question 2: Is there any way to add a title on top of the list picker, allowing the user to understand what he is choosing ? As an example, I have such a need when a user has the option to change either the start date or the end date of a period which is displayed in a single line. Currently I'm adding a text field above the list picker, but it is becoming grey when the list picker appears.
I have already seen such feature in at least one app, but I'm not sure that the developer used the iOS native picker...

Regards.

Klaus

Re: mobilePick and mobilePickDate commands

Post by Klaus » Thu May 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello Sailor,
GoneToSail wrote:Question 1: Is there any way to localize the "Cancel" and "Done" buttons displayed by these commands, so that the user does not feel that the app is not finished or has not been fully translated into the desired language ?
Not done a lot of mobile development in the past, but this is still the case? :shock:

Please consider to report this as a bug, the buttons should be localized in any case
and reflect in the current OS language setting!

Please report it here: http://quality.runrev.com
GoneToSail wrote:Question 2: Is there any way to add a title on top of the list picker, allowing the user to understand what he is choosing ? As an example, I have such a need when a user has the option to change either the start date or the end date of a period which is displayed in a single line. Currently I'm adding a text field above the list picker, but it is becoming grey when the list picker appears.
I have already seen such feature in at least one app, but I'm not sure that the developer used the iOS native picker...
Not sure, but according to the dictionary, there is currently no way to do so.
You could add this as a feature request at the above mentioned URL.

Best

Klaus

Return to “iOS Deployment”