Serious problem with certificates/profiles/signing

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pressforchange

Serious problem with certificates/profiles/signing

Post by pressforchange » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:17 pm

I have done everything I can to get this to work, following all the previous threads. I have a verified and correct provisioning profile and development profile. I have all the right certificates and keys attached. The app goes through fine via the loader (wiith two warnings - one about an icon size and one about PIE - but both should not stop it going to the store). Then AFTER the loader tells me it is uploaded successfully I get an email back from Apple that says:

"

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Memoriam v1.7". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team"

I have deleted all my keys, signatures, certificates, profile etc and rebuilt them - to no avail.

I am using Xcode 4.6.3 and Livecode 5.5.5 because I am using MobGui - if I could move to Livecode 6 I would. Is there any idea anyone has to fix this - I have been workign on it for two weeks.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Serious problem with certificates/profiles/signing

Post by jacque » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:32 pm

There are two types of provisioning certificates. One is for development, which is what you have been using, and a second type is for distribution. You can't use the distribution certificate for anything except uploading the app to Apple. In the developer portal, find the tab for distribution and create a new certificate there. When you are ready to build your final release, use that certificate.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

pressforchange

Post by pressforchange » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:05 pm

I have both development and distribution profiles. I have certificates with signatures for both with attached keys. None of it works. as far as I can tell not one thing is wrong. The app submits fine. It is pnly after it has been accepted I get the quoted message as an email

pressforchange

Post by pressforchange » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Could you explain what exactly you mean by 'use' a certificate/ The only way I can see to use a certificate is to use the profile associated with a certificate int he standalone settings part of creating an iphone app. The certificate itself is not mentioned anywhere. I have actually tried this with three successive distribution certificates since the commonest solution given to the problem I am having is to kill all your profiels and certificates and start from scratch - which is not working for me.

jacque

Post by jacque » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:43 am

It sounds like you're doing everything right. By "using" a certificate I did mean just to choose it in the standalone settings.

I'm not sure why you'd get that error, but writing to support is probably the next step. They may understand Apple's cryptic email better than I do.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

pressforchange

Post by pressforchange » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks for trying - I'll get on to support. I'm also going to make a brand new 'nothing' app from a completely clean setup and see if that works

andyparng

Post by andyparng » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:01 pm

I just solved the invalid signature error which was caused by my deletion of the size 0 Icon files in the package. The deletion obviously broke the digitial signature. However, if I don't delete them, they will be reported as another error and the package will not be uploaded.

It turns out this was a hidden file I got it from the folders someone emailed me earlier and I included them in the app. For image files in a folder, I guess this hidden icon file was created automatically when the folder was copied. So I re-created these folder myself in my Mac and copy the files over to get rid of the hidden Icon file. Then I re-built the standalone so these size 0 Icon files were no longer in the package. I submitted the package and it went through fine.

Not sure if this is your case. If so, you can fix it the way I described above.

pressforchange

Post by pressforchange » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:27 am

Thanks for all the suggestions. It turned out to be the phantom Default-568h@2x.png problem where a file with this name is incuded int he package but it isn't a real file. I had been deleting it from the package which got it past the upload error but then caused rejection post upload. So I took the file it should have been )it's one of the splash screen file sizes and created that and renamed it and explicitly added it to the Livecode ios application settings pane and then it all worked. This is clearly a bug in LiveCode 5.5.5 since this file is never referenced at any point until the itunes connect application loader says it is invalid.

Return to “iOS Deployment”