Graphic Gradient Button update and new ExtDocMaker

Find out what's going on with LiveCode (the company), product releases, announcements, and events.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Graphic Gradient Button update and new ExtDocMaker

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi,

Yesterday, I had to deliver documentation for a small project and I decided to use an old tool of mine, which generates documentation from my scripts automatically. The customer asked me to to add extensive comments to the scripts, to I thought I could use these comments to make the docs.

Today I improved the tool a little and added it to the sponsored download section of my company's website. It is a really simple tool and it hardly requires any special way of scripting. All you need to know is that comments in /* and */ immediately preceding a handler, without white line, are assumed to be descriptions of that handler. In-line comments are added in a separate paragraph for each handler.

Probably it is much more clear if you look at the pictures. Have a look here and let me know what you think of it.

I have also updated the Graphic Gradient Button. The GGB currently consists of 4 different buttons that always look the same on any platform. There are rectangle and roundrect buttons of two different sizes.

The button now uses the extStatus instead of the status property. I'm a little sad that I don't have complete freedom about handler names like I had in HyperCard, but I guess we've to deal with it. I have also changed a little glitch, which prevented resizing of the small version of the buttons. The buttons now work as expected again.

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Announcements”