LiveCode 5.5.1 Released, Partnership with Inneractive

Find out what's going on with LiveCode (the company), product releases, announcements, and events.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

heatherlaine
Site Admin
Site Admin

LiveCode 5.5.1 Released, Partnership with Inneractive

Post by heatherlaine » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm

RunRev Updates LiveCode and Announces Partnership with inneractive to Bring In-App Ads and Payment Options for iOS and Android Apps

Popular Cross-platform Development Environment Teams with Global App Monetization Exchange to Bring Monetization Opportunities to LiveCode-created Apps

Edinburgh, UK – June 20, 2012 – RunRev today announced a new version of LiveCode and partnership with inneractive, http://inner-active.com/, that incorporates an in-app monetization tool in applications built using RunRev’s cross-platform development environment, LiveCode. LiveCode developers who submit their apps to the Apple App Store or Google Play will now be able to generate revenue through the use of ads and other monetization options provided by inneractive.

LiveCode 5.5.1 and partnership with inneractive allow developers to embed advertising in their mobile apps, optimize and track the performance of ads, track usage and more. Additionally, version 5.5.1 brings Address Book support on both iOS and Android, new features for Android developers such as support for media picker, save images to the user's photo album, native scroller control, native player control and native field controls. LiveCode 5.5.1 is a free upgrade to those with a current LiveCode 5.5 license or can be purchased <<here>>.

RunRev partnered with inneractive to support new and existing LiveCode developers in their goals of optimizing mobile apps for global commerce opportunities. inneractive is the industry’s premier mobile app monetization exchange with over 100 ad providers, global coverage and local targeting. With inneractive, LiveCode developers gain access to the market’s most advanced tools to monetize apps including display, rich media, video, virtual currency, in-app search and hyper local advertising.

“We could not be more excited to announce this partnership,” said Kevin Miller, RunRev CEO. “App developers want opportunities to not only see their apps in the App Store and Marketplace, but to monetize them to establish further business channels. Through this deal, we’re giving developers the chance to generate tens of thousands of dollars in monthly app revenue using inneractive’s tool.”

Ziv Elul, inneractive’s CEO explains, “We are thrilled with this collaboration opportunity, which will bear fruit for inneractive, RunRev, but most importantly, to the global developer community. By using our joined solution, developers can finally benefit from a solution that will take care of their development and monetzation needs in a seamless and efficient manner.”

About Inneractive
inneractive is the industry’s premier mobile app monetization exchange with over 100 ad providers with global coverage and local targeting. In addition, inneractive works with developers to increase their app discovery via its extensive premium inventory.

With inneractive, mobile developers will have access to the market’s most advanced tools to monetize apps including display, rich media, search, virtual currency, and hyper local advertising.

No need to choose one monetization method, inneractive provides them and the numbers are in! Developers are generating tens of thousands of dollars in monthly app revenue using inneractive’s tools.

About RunRev Ltd.
RunRev makes the LiveCode cross-platform development environment for building sophisticated mobile, Web, desktop and server applications. The company aims to open doors with technology by empowering people to create apps through an intuitive and easy-to-learn programming language. The LiveCode English-like language and focus on instant results appeals to a wide range of users, from individuals and educators to corporate and enterprise developers. Considered a modern descendent of HyperCard, LiveCode offers a robust yet flexible path to cross-platform app creation. For more information visit www.runrev.com.

shaosean

Re: LiveCode 5.5.1 Released, Partnership with Inneractive

Post by shaosean » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Your "<<here>>" link is not a link..

dcpbarrington

Post by dcpbarrington » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Interfaced mobile app with Inner-active service. I'm just in the pre-release phase and I'm finding the ads and support they provide are very poor.

The ads that they provide are fine if your app targets teens interested in gaming or someone looking for a dating service.
They are not interfaced with the major Ad Networks as far as I can tell.
I submitted two questions about interfacing to their support group and never received a response. Figured out how to interface to their XML Ad server.

Does anyone else have a solution that would allow an app to be integrated with a main line Ad Network like DoubleClick, AdMod, Millennial, Quattro?????

Would like some direction from the forum.....

Thanks
dcpbarrington

keram

Post by keram » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 am

Hi Dan,
dcpbarrington wrote:The ads that they provide are fine if your app targets teens interested in gaming or someone looking for a dating service.
Is this still the case or did the company change the type of ads they use and the age and type of groups of people they target?

Did you find better options for your app?

keram
Using the latest stable version of LC Community 6.7.x on Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit

dcpbarrington

Post by dcpbarrington » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 am

Keram,

The last time I turned on the Ad content from Inneractive that was the case.

As they are not proper for my App I've just turned the interface OFF. I've sent multiple question to the Inneractive Support team and have never received a response, but that was 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have any better luck.

Dan

newtronsols

Post by newtronsols » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 am

Worth a look vserv.mobi with their appwrapper http://www.vserv.mobi/appwrapper/ - very easy to set up.

keram

Post by keram » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:05 am

Dan,

I assume that you have set the ad code properly?
Like in this post: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.ph ... ive#p70183 where you specify the age and gender.

Code: Select all

on openCard
    mobileAdRegister "APP ID FROM INNERACTIVE"
      local tDetails
    // See the dictionary for more metadata entries
    put "30" into tDetails["refresh"] // The advert refresh interval in seconds
    put 25 into tDetails["age"] // The age of the target audience
    put "male" into tDetails["gender"] // The expected gender of the target audience
    mobileAdCreate "myAd1", "banner", (0,0), tDetails
    mobileAdSetTopVisible ("myAd1", true) //  Sets the visible of the ad "myAd1" to
    true
    end openCard
What would happen if you put 50 into age... I'm curious if the ads would change.

keram
Using the latest stable version of LC Community 6.7.x on Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit

keram

Post by keram » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 am

newtronsols wrote: appwrapper http://www.vserv.mobi/appwrapper/ - very easy to set up
Yes, it seems to be easy to set up, but as I understood the ads show up as the user opens the app and closes it. From the website:"...full-screen launch & exit ad..."

Ads on exit is not too bad, but I definitely would not like to see the ads on launch of the app.

keram

dcpbarrington

Post by dcpbarrington » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Keram,

In the Ad Request, I set up all the parameters to include the Age, Gender and Location. I made sure that the age was at least 50 and both Male and Female.

I also logged on to the administrator and selected what networks I wanted to get content from.

60-70% of the time I would get there generic add and when I would get a placed add, it was always for either gaming or dating related.

If you look at the top Ad Networks. Inneractive is not even on the list. That is why you don't get any content.
http://monetizepros.com/blog/2014/the- ... etworks/
RunRev needs to just pull the plug and integrate with AdMob from Google or one of the leaders if they want to be a Mobile platform that allows publishers to monetize their apps.

Dan

Return to “Announcements”