BarsGrouped chart

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

cruddydan

BarsGrouped chart

Post by cruddydan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 am

Congratulations, BvG, on your aquisition of chartsEngine.

I am using experimenting with the BarsGrouped chart and have a few questions / comments:

1. I am displaying the x-axis values using
set the charts["dataIncludesX"] of tchart to true
set the charts["xConvertsTo"] of tchart to "system date and long time"

but the resulting text is very long, and vertical... which is hard to read. Is there any way to have this text angled at 45' ? If not, could you add it to the "wish-list", please?

2. On this same chart, the number of data sets (or series) is very large. I would like to only display a certain number of sets at any one time, and allow the user to horizontally "flip" scroll through the entire data sets. Can you give some suggestions as to how to do this, please?

3. I couldn't find the property "barsDistance" documented anywhere. I figured out what it is, but thought it should be in the docs.

Thanks,

Dan

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: BarsGrouped chart

Post by BvG » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:56 pm

cruddydan wrote:1. I am displaying the x-axis values using
set the charts["dataIncludesX"] of tchart to true
set the charts["xConvertsTo"] of tchart to "system date and long time"

but the resulting text is very long, and vertical... which is hard to read. Is there any way to have this text angled at 45' ? If not, could you add it to the "wish-list", please?
I've added this into my files as a feature request. Note that angled text will be of low quality, due to the way the LiveCode rotate command works. However, I will probably first implement the ability to put any text into the values, before doing this, because I think that is more important.
cruddydan wrote:2. On this same chart, the number of data sets (or series) is very large. I would like to only display a certain number of sets at any one time, and allow the user to horizontally "flip" scroll through the entire data sets. Can you give some suggestions as to how to do this, please?
the easiest way to do it would be to put the whole charts-group into another group, and set the scrollbars of that container group to true, then create the full chart. Another way is to give the user a UI that sets the minX and maxX, and implement scrolling trough the dataset yourself that way (note that the chart can change in height and width depending on changing value text height or width, so keep that in mind).
cruddydan wrote:3. I couldn't find the property "barsDistance" documented anywhere. I figured out what it is, but thought it should be in the docs.
Right! I've added it to the next release.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Return to “chartsEngine”