Some big news

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

malte

Some big news

Post by malte » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi everyone,

as I mentioned earlier, there are some big news regarding charts.

While I have not had the resources to do significant work besides bugfixing and support for charts, I have searched for a way to move the library forward. It took a little longer than I had hoped, but I am very pleased to announce that the future for the library is very bright. I have transfered the codebase over to Björnke von Gierke. You know him by his nick BvG probably. He is a very dedicated Livecode developer and started using chartsEngine while it was pre - alpha. He will be the one maintaining the code base (and obviously selling the library) from now on. I will be around to help out in the transitional stage. But I already saw some things he did with the library and I can only say WOW! chartsEngine is in very good hands with him and I am looking forward to a series of very good releases in the months to come!

In the coming days, he will take over moderation of this board and I am sure he will jump in soon to post a few things he is up to.

All the best,

Malte

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Some big news

Post by BvG » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Right, uhm.. hello I guess?

Features for the future should not be promised, so I won't do that. Also, currently things are still in transfer, so please don't be disappointed if things start out slow. However, I can tell you that I will do a bugfix release within the week (time unit is an approximation), and I won't do any sort of rebranding, at least for now.

If you ignore the creepy advertisement comic, the Megabundle is actually a decent deal. ChartsEngine is part of it, and I hope you'll be able to use it often!
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Return to “chartsEngine”