Is there any chance of a gantt type chart

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

lumpo

Is there any chance of a gantt type chart

Post by lumpo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm trying to plot length of treatment for multiple medications over a 10 yr span. It would be a lifesaver if charts could do this?
Tim

malte

Re: Is there any chance of a gantt type chart

Post by malte » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi Tim,

not as yet. chartsEngine needs a little more love atm. I will be looking into adding more stuff over the course of Q4, but am not in a position to comment yet what I will be getting to work.

All the best,

Malte

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I have a project coming up in a couple months which will need a Gantt chart, and being a lazy person I'm likely to generalize it as a behavior so I can reuse it elsewhere. So the good news is that once it's available you'll have a relatively easy option, but the bad news is I don't know when that will be, and likely not sooner than 90 days from now.

In many respects a Gantt chart is more akin to a list type than most other charts, so if Malte's able to add support for that to CE that would be way cool but it's quite a departure from the rest of his object suite.

At a minimum the Gantt chart I'll be writing will need collapsable trees, multiple scales for the time view (I'm currently planning day, week, month, and year increments), ability to show task dependencies, all within the normal layout for such things that has a main list on the left with a horizontally-scrolling region showing the tasks on the right. But that's pretty much it, and some Gantt charts like the ones in MS Project go much further, so if you need more options that I do I'm afraid even waiting for mine won't be of much use. Gantt charts can be quite complex in some programs, but my goal if to provide the simplest appearance I can, taking the liberty of dropping elements I don't need for the project at hand.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

lumpo

Post by lumpo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. Our needs are relatively simple so Richard's project might be perfect if Malte hasn't the resources.
I'll look forward to hearing more :-)

Regards
Tim

BvG

Post by BvG » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Although I am looking into the feasibility of gantt charts, this is most likely a long time off. sorry.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

lumpo

Post by lumpo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 pm

FourthWorld wrote:I have a project coming up in a couple months which will need a Gantt chart, and being a lazy person I'm likely to generalize it as a behavior so I can reuse it elsewhere. So the good news is that once it's available you'll have a relatively easy option, but the bad news is I don't know when that will be, and likely not sooner than 90 days from now.

In many respects a Gantt chart is more akin to a list type than most other charts, so if Malte's able to add support for that to CE that would be way cool but it's quite a departure from the rest of his object suite.

At a minimum the Gantt chart I'll be writing will need collapsable trees, multiple scales for the time view (I'm currently planning day, week, month, and year increments), ability to show task dependencies, all within the normal layout for such things that has a main list on the left with a horizontally-scrolling region showing the tasks on the right. But that's pretty much it, and some Gantt charts like the ones in MS Project go much further, so if you need more options that I do I'm afraid even waiting for mine won't be of much use. Gantt charts can be quite complex in some programs, but my goal if to provide the simplest appearance I can, taking the liberty of dropping elements I don't need for the project at hand.
How is this progressing Richard? Can I help with testing?
Tim

Return to “chartsEngine”