Example Scripts Errors/Issues

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

BillJames
Livecode Opensource Backer

Example Scripts Errors/Issues

Post by BillJames » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 am

I have been exploring the ChartEngine Examples script and have found a few issues:

1. In the script for button "charts!" of card "barsGrouped chart" in line 26. I believe that "colors" should be "chartcolors".

2. On the "Working with the grid" card. there are two fields with incorrect text. The first is field id 204975 that has text "gridXAltFillColor" that should be "gridXFillAltColor" and field id 205096 that has text "gridYAltFillColor" that should be "gridYFillAltColor".

3. On the linesStacked chart, when I click the "Render chart!" button I get the following error:

error: 454,1309,13,Stacked chart" of stack "/Users/williamjames/Documents/Revolution/chartsEngine_104/chartsEngine Examples.rev"
535,1309,1,Stacked chart" of stack "/Users/williamjames/Documents/Revolution/chartsEngine_104/chartsEngine Examples.rev"
Hint: chartsLegend

v/r

Bill

Mark

Re: Example Scripts Errors/Issues

Post by Mark » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:04 am

Hi Bill,

I used http://runrev.info/error.html to parse the error message and got:
Type: defaultStack (can't find stack)
Object name: script
Line:(row 1309 col 13)
Hint: Stacked chart" of stack "/Users/williamjames/Documents/Revolution/chartsEngine_104/chartsEngine Examples.rev"
It is possible that the problem is not in ChartsEngine but in your script, if your script somehow changes the defaultStack, for example while the lockMessages is true. However, if you didn't use any of your own scripts but instead started a new session with RunRev and opened ChartsEngine Examples.rev right after starting RunRev, there is probably a script error in the example stack.

I assume that Malte can say more about this than me.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

BillJames

Post by BillJames » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 am

Mark,

I was running the examples stack unmodified. The linesStacked chart, "Render chart!" button is where I get the error. Other buttons in the example stack work as expected. Thanks,

Bill

malte

Post by malte » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey Bill,

please excuse the late reply. I am currently on the road, but will return tonight. I´ll take a look then. Just out of curiosity: Which version are you running? I suspect it is not the most current version that is on RRs server, but I will need to make sure.

All the best,

Malte

malte

Post by malte » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Quick update on this. Problem identified, now working on a fix.

malte

Post by malte » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Just uploaded 1.0.7: http://derbrill.de/downloads/chartsEngine_107.zip

Might take a while, until this one is on RRs server though.

This should fix the reported issue. The problem was wrong use of offset, when trying to identify the owning stack of the group that contains the chart. It would fail, if the name of the card contained the word "stack". This has been fixed. Also the reported documentation errors have been fixed and wrong labeling on the working with the grid card have been fixed.

all the best,

malte

BillJames

Post by BillJames » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Thanks for the quick fixes. I look forward to testing the new version.

Bill

Return to “chartsEngine”