Documentation Errors

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

BillJames
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Documentation Errors

Post by BillJames » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 am

I have been exploring the capabilities of chartsEngine this weekend and have been using the documentation (chartenginedocs.pdf) to learn and cut and paste. In the process, I discovered several errors that I would like identify here.

1. On page 4, "Preparing for Distribution", it describes how to include the "chartsengine" stack in your script but failed to describe how to use the standalone settings window (it shows the window but says nothing about it).

2. On page 6, item "chartColors", the example uses "chartBackgroundColor" instead.

3. On page 9, item "xPostfix", the example uses "xPrefix" instead.

4. On page 9, item "descriptionTextSize", the example uses "descriptionTextFont" instead.

5. On page 10, "gridXAltFillColor" and "gridYAltFillColor", should be "gridXFillAltColor" and "gridYFillAltColor" in both the definition and examples. BTW, a label in the examples script makes the same mistake.

6. On page 11, item "captionTextSize", the example uses "captionTextFont" instead.

I scratched my head a couple of times when I copied and pasted and the code did not work especially the altfill one. Cheers,

Bill

malte

Re: Documentation Errors

Post by malte » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks for pointing these out. Fixed with 1.0.7

Return to “chartsEngine”