Problem running chartsEngine

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

Maria

Problem running chartsEngine

Post by Maria » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:19 am

Hi!

I've recently downloaded Rev Enterprise 4.0.0 (build 950) and chartsEngine demo versions. The IDE runs perfectly, but I can't manage to use chartsEngine. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Here are the steps I followed..

Unzip the chartsEngine_101.zip file and copy chartsEngine.rev and chartsEngine Examples.rev to C:\Program Files\Revolution Enterprise\4.0.0-gm-1\Plugins folder. I go to Development->Plugins->chartsEngine. It appears a window called chartsEngine 1.0, which asks for a registration code (don't have it). There is also a message there telling to use the command start using stack "charts_engine". When typing this on the Message Box I get a popup window telling that I have one session less, but nothing else happens. The chartsEngine window doesn't even dissapear. How can I make to include a chart object in my project?

Thanks in advance.
María

malte

Re: Problem running chartsEngine

Post by malte » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi Maria,

welcome to rev.

ChartsEngine is a library for rev. What you did is perfectly ok. You do not need a registration code to try charts, however as you have seen already each time you do a start using the number of trials you have is reduced by one. When you see that dialog, chartsEngine extends the set of revolution commands. To actually display a chart, you will need a little scripting: Put chartsEngine in use, as you already did. Now create a new main stack. Create a button in that stack and apply the following script to it:

Code: Select all

on mouseUp 
  local tchart 
  chartsCreateChart 
  put the result into tchart 
  set the charts["data"] of tchart to "1,1,1" & cr & "30,56,12" & cr & "1,1,1" 
  chartsRefresh tChart 
end mouseUp
Switch to the run tool and click the button. Your first chart will be drawn. I recommend you take a few minutes to skim through the PDF document that comes with the library. It will all make a lot more sense then. Plus if you have any questions, I am glad to lend a hand.

All the best,

Malte

Return to “chartsEngine”