interactive points on a line graph

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

Coffee1633
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

interactive points on a line graph

Post by Coffee1633 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 am

Hi

I am thinking of purchasing chartsEngine but I have a few questions. I was hoping that someone could answer them.

1) There will not be many points on a line graph (maybe up to 10) so drawing speed is not an issue. What I would like, is to see the values at any given point.After going through the documentation I see that that is possible, but
2) and most importantly, I would like to click on any given data point and bring up more information associated with that data point. It doesn't seem that this is a build in property but is there a way to make this happen? If there is, I will make the purchase tomorrow.

coffee16

BvG

Re: interactive points on a line graph

Post by BvG » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 am

Hi

I think your first question is garbled? If you set the charts["showValues"] and charts["showPoints"] to true, you'll be able to show each datapoint on the graph.

As for the second question: no, there's no way to click on a graph to make it pop up anything specific to the location that you just clicked, sorry :(

Remember that you can download and try out the chartsengine demo, including example stacks and documentation.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Coffee1633

Re: interactive points on a line graph

Post by Coffee1633 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:00 am

Thank you for the response.

I downloaded the demo and will have have an in-depth look around the plug in this weekend. And after thinking about it all day I came up with other designs that charts engine should be able to handle. Showing values and other current functionality should do it. I think I'll just have a settings panel so users can just select different axis to display and have charts engine just redraw the graph with the new data. It's probably better than having to try to tap on individual data points anyway.

Thanks again.

Coffee16

Return to “chartsEngine”