Web traffic for a sofware site.

Share your experiences and ideas on how to market your LiveCode made products.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

keyless

Web traffic for a sofware site.

Post by keyless » Wed May 21, 2008 6:22 am

I'd like to see peoples ideas on how to generate web traffic to your software site.

Adwords is of course a good way, takes a bit of tweaking thought to get it right.

My other suggestion is using robosoft to submit to download sites, and create a PAD file.

Anyone with some good tips?

malte

Post by malte » Wed May 21, 2008 7:58 am

Write Press releases. Submit them through different channels. Offer interesting content on your site and try to get the bloggers hooked. If you are using so called "social networks" mention your site from time to time. But don't overdo it with that. For example, as I am using this forums and it is on topic I could mention that I just released a new game on monday and that you can find it at

http://www.awesomemegamightygames.com

See? I just placed a link that helps me improve the page rank of my site and maybe some people stumble upon it. That is a good option too by the way. submit your site (or better have it submitted by a friend) to stumbleupon.com

Just 1 Euro cent (due to exchange rate)

Malte

Roybr

Re: Web traffic for a sofware site.

Post by Roybr » Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Make SEO, post in forums, press release, add link to directories! it gives you traffic

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re:

Post by BvG » Thu May 05, 2011 11:10 pm

malte wrote:I could mention that I just released a new game on monday and that you can find it at

http://www.awesomemegamightygames.com

See?
It's a trap! new game is a lie!
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Fri May 06, 2011 1:28 am

Well, quite a harmless trap, I'd say, BvG. Moreover, the game referred to by the advertisement is really cool ;-)

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

flintGA2c5a

Post by flintGA2c5a » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Personally, I like to take an approach where I try to to visualize the situation from the visitors point of view. What would they type in google if they want to find you? If you are having trouble getting to the top on google maybe you can try collaborating with sites that are at the top.

Do you already have a youtube channel? You can just make some simple videos about your software and get lots of traffic given that your tags are made in a correct way and the niches you are targeting get a nice amount of hits.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Perhaps the most important skill for building traffic is patience. Yes, you'll want press releases in circulation, and yes having PAD files feeding download sites can help, and yes AdWords can help too, along with good articles at your site that can help draw the sort of audience you're looking for.

But even with all that, it'll take some time to build traffic. It can be disappointing at first to put so much energy into a launch and have it result in so little traffic in the first several weeks, but just keep in mind that that's normal. As long as you don't let the lack of immediately apparent results stop you, you'll likely do well if you persevere in all the ways available to you. Over time it'll pay off.

Best of luck with the launch.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

flintGA2c5a

Post by flintGA2c5a » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I've really been studying up on ways to create traffic and buzz lately.

Social media seems to be very important these days. You should create a facebook fan page for your software site, you could give a small discount code for the people who click like or some sort of freebie. If you get an active community and people sharing your page you should have plenty of traffic. Also on facebook you can do very targeted advertising.

Twitter, youtube and blogs can also be used for more traffic. You can even ask your users to make videos in exchange for discounts for upgrades or the like.

Return to “Marketing Your Products”