Oklahoma

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

melhiatt

Oklahoma

Post by melhiatt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:40 am

Anyone in Oklahoma?

doc

Re: Oklahoma

Post by doc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Yep! ...there's at least one more LiveCode soul living in Oklahoma. :D

I'm in the general Tulsa area... and you?

Best regards,
-Doc-

melhiatt

Post by melhiatt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 am

doc wrote:Yep! ...there's at least one more LiveCode soul living in Oklahoma. :D

I'm in the general Tulsa area... and you?

Best regards,
-Doc-
I'm in Broken Arrow. Are you really a doctor? or a programmer, or a doctor that's a programmer on the side?

doc

Post by doc » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 am

I'm in Broken Arrow. Are you really a doctor? or a programmer, or a doctor that's a programmer on the side?
Nope, not really a doctor (just my initials) and depending on who you ask, I'm not really a programmer either. :lol: :wink:

What kind of programming and/or projects are you doing or interested in doing?

-Doc-

melhiatt

Post by melhiatt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:26 pm

My background is corporate training, I've taught all the Microsoft Office products at all levels, but have never done programming before (closest thing would be Microsoft Access). I've been a stay at home mom for the past several years. A friend had a couple of ideas for iPhone apps for homeschool moms and churches/schools and we found LiveCode and thought we would give it a try.

How about you?

doc

Post by doc » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:43 pm

I have a pretty wide variety of background and experience, mostly in either sales or management, but for the last several years I've been doing all kinds of different work for a fairly popular Internet based outfit located here in N.E. Oklahoma.

As far as LiveCode is concerned, I've been "playing around" with it going way back to the original "MetaCard" days, including Revolution in it's first beta offering. I finally bought in as a developer at version 2.5, built one single application, then set it aside for a couple of years. These days I pretty much won't use anything else but LiveCode/Rev for my projects.

The majority of what I've used it for is to build several "one-off" text and/or data processing applications. Typically my apps focus on solving some business related issue of importance nd with few exceptions, my work is seldom seen by anyone but myself or the owner of the company that I do the work for.

With all of that said, I do have 3-4 commercial/shareware applications in the works in varying stages of completion that I hope to finish eventually.

Unfortunately, life was recently interrupted with triple by-pass heart surgery, so I haven't really been doing much coding lately.... seems that I've kinda lost some interest for the time being.

Who knows, maybe we can find enough folks here in the local area to form a group at some point, but in the meanwhile I'll be glad to help any way that I can or if I can.

-Doc-

jfwhite
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jfwhite » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

There's at least one more of us in Tulsa! I'm a database programmer by day, keep swearing I'll write some useful apps using LC at night but just getting motivated again. I was a Hypercard geek back in the day, but this is so much more. I'd be happy to let anyone bounce ideas off me if I can do the same.

doc

Post by doc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 am

Howdy there, jfwhite!
..I see by your "join date" that you aren't exactly a newbie to LC at this point, but welcome to the fray all the same. :)

Funny that you are a database programmer... that very first LC based app that I built back in 2004 (the former Dreamcard app running on Linux) was a front end to a MySQL DB on a server that we used solely for in house purposes. I had the little app, database and content basically functional over the course of one weekend and in fact, the success of that app was the deciding factor to license LC (Rev Studio). After a few tweaks and some polishing, it went into full service as a Windows app for the entire company and was used for several years until a new CMS system finally made it obsolete. :D

As pleased as I was about the little app, I really didn't use LC/Rev very much afterwards, so it was a few years later before I had my "Aha!" moment and seldom use anything else since then.

Anyway... all of that to say welcome! :oops: :lol:

-Doc-

Return to “User Groups and Events”