Livestreaming some LiveCoding right now.

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

SoapDog

Livestreaming some LiveCoding right now.

Post by SoapDog » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:38 pm

Hey Friends,

I found myself in need of building a git plugin for LiveCode today. Instead of building it on my own, I decided to livestream the whole process. To watch it, jump in to:

https://youtu.be/cOr87w7GyGs

I'm live right now and I have no clue how long this will take and if I will actually succeed in building the plugin I want. This is a good opportunity to interact with another developers (there is a chat) and watch how I work. You'll see my mistakes, debugging skills, and maybe even learn something.

see ya
Andre
http://www.andregarzia.com

bogs

Re: Livestreaming some LiveCoding right now.

Post by bogs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:17 pm

I think I came back too late, but after 3 hours and a half, I don't blame you for calling it quits :D

SoapDog

Post by SoapDog » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:26 pm

Sorry for calling it quits. I need to work on some other things. Next time I'll announce it way earlier so that people can prepare in advance to watch it. Anyway, YT keeps a recording so you can always go back and watch from the start. It takes me a long time to start because I hit the "on air" button to pick the URL and then proceed to write and send the messages to this forum and the dev list.

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 pm

Your sorry for quitting after 3 hours? Please don't be hahahaha, I wouldn't have been able to stay that long anyway ;)

I rarely sign into Google anything, so it isn't like I would have been chatting at you anyways :D but I did find viewing it interesting, so for sure thank you for posting it!

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:27 pm

I can't remember the last time I signed into youtube for anything, and this is the first time I was motivated to add to a yt chat.
And along the way I learned what an "MM" git status is. Time well spent.

Andre- your profile info here still shows you as being in Niteroi.

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:30 pm

I saw your name up near the top of the list heh.

I wish Andre had moved the 'chat' part up a bit higher, or moved his camera so we could see things as they came up, but those were the only things I saw that wasn't interesting (so far).

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 pm

I just popped the yt chat box out, stuck it in a different monitor, and made the video part full screen.

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Yes, but not possible when your coming in 'after the fact' as it were ;)

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:35 am

:shock: That's bizarre. Why would the option be available when the stream is live but not afterwords?

PaulDaMacMan

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:42 am

I like the idea of liveStreaming a livecode-ing session, maybe I'll try doing that next time I start to write another API wrapper with LiveCode Builder and document the process.
I don't see a need for a GitPlugin IDE though, unless it does stuff like convert your stacks into a text only (plus any resource files) format(s).
I just use GitDektop for both LCB code / LCS script-only, and binary stack files.
Last edited by PaulDaMacMan on Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:47 am

Paul- Brian Milby's scriptTracker plugin stack does just that and keeps me more or less sane. YMMV.

PaulDaMacMan

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:10 am

mwieder wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:47 am
Paul- Brian Milby's scriptTracker plugin stack does just that and keeps me more or less sane. YMMV.
Yes, Brian's made several very useful tools/resources. And I think someone in the chat mentioned Monte's VCS plug-in too (not sure if he's still developing that). Of course if you make behaviors scripts for controls and otherwise keep everything script-only and only use the binary stack format for GUI things, or if you're doing LCB stuff, then Git can stack your changes fine.

PaulDaMacMan

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:37 am

Maybe I'll do a livestream of making an LCB Wrapper for wimlib since it doesn't have that much to wrap and I've had a need for it a few times recently (making USB install media for Windows 10, but from macOS with FA32 format flash). I hate typing at the command line (vs. drag/drop applet way of doing things) and there's no a GUI tool for dealing with this Windows Disk-Image format on macOS (AFAIK).

SoapDog

Post by SoapDog » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:01 am

mwieder wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:27 pm
I can't remember the last time I signed into youtube for anything, and this is the first time I was motivated to add to a yt chat.
And along the way I learned what an "MM" git status is. Time well spent.

Andre- your profile info here still shows you as being in Niteroi.
So many statuses, right? I want to reduce them to something like "stages/unstaged" because that is kinda all we usually care. As for the profile editing, I've tried editing it before but when I submit the form, it goes to an error page as if the form action is pointing at the wrong location...

SoapDog

Post by SoapDog » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:03 am

PaulDaMacMan wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:37 am
Maybe I'll do a livestream of making an LCB Wrapper for wimlib since it doesn't have that much to wrap and I've had a need for it a few times recently (making USB install media for Windows 10, but from macOS with FA32 format flash). I hate typing at the command line (vs. drag/drop applet way of doing things) and there's no a GUI tool for dealing with this Windows Disk-Image format on macOS (AFAIK).
That would be great, Paul. I know very little about LCB and wrapping native libraries, I'd probably watch that multiple times.

Return to “User Groups and Events”