Livestreaming some LiveCoding right now.

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

SoapDog

Re: Livestreaming some LiveCoding right now.

Post by SoapDog » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:05 am

I'm really happy that people here enjoyed the live stream. It was something I had on my mind for some time now, and when I sat on the computer and decided that I needed a new plugin, it felt natural to just stream my attempt to build it. I plan to do these streams kinda regularly, this is very different than conference talks, it is not some pre-arranged and polished experience. You see me working and following some train of thought, it is more akin to blogs and vlogs.
http://www.andregarzia.com

bogs

Post by bogs » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am

mwieder wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:35 am
:shock: That's bizarre. Why would the option be available when the stream is live but not afterwords?
Because after the stream, it is part of the video itself heh.

This is how I saw it -

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:17 pm

bogs- yes, but there's also the chat next to the video (if you're not full-screening the video). And it's only got two options, neither of which allows you to pop out the chat the way you can during the livestream.

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Paul - not familiar with wimlib, but I just had a look at that web page and the wikipedia article linked from it. So it's for creating Windows installers on non-Win platforms? That seems maybe useful. In any event, I'd happily watch you livestreaming the attempt.

bogs

Post by bogs » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:01 pm

mwieder wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:17 pm
bogs- yes, but there's also the chat next to the video (if you're not full-screening the video).
I'll take your word for it, but it doesn't show anything here.

PaulDaMacMan

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:22 pm

SoapDog wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:03 am
PaulDaMacMan wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:37 am
Maybe I'll do a livestream of making an LCB Wrapper for wimlib since it doesn't have that much to wrap and I've had a need for it a few times recently (making USB install media for Windows 10, but from macOS with FA32 format flash). I hate typing at the command line (vs. drag/drop applet way of doing things) and there's no a GUI tool for dealing with this Windows Disk-Image format on macOS (AFAIK).
That would be great, Paul. I know very little about LCB and wrapping native libraries, I'd probably watch that multiple times.
Well it's not "native", it's a 3rd party library (that comes with a command-line toolset). I got the macOS version via the "Homebrew" package manager. Wimlib is available for Mac/Win/Linux. It's used as an alternative to using Microsoft's official install media tool, but actually wimlib can do more things like compress, spilt, extract, and convert too.
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 pm

Screenshot.jpg
bogs- the chat appears next to the video as it progresses. But there are only two options after it's no longer livestreaming. I have no idea what 'toggle timestamps' does and I'm not motivated to find out.

bogs

Post by bogs » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 pm

Heh, Mark, I believe you, I'm just saying it doesn't *here* is all :D

It is likely due to either my not signing in, or possibly one of my blocking tools.

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:00 am

Still shows up with me not signed in using a chrome incognito window, so that's not it.
However, if I click on either of the two chat options "Top chat replay" and "Live chat replay" then the messages in the chat box disappear. Have to reload the page to get them back.

Stupid browser tricks.

Return to “User Groups and Events”