Welcome to the ArcadeEngine sub forum!

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

malte

Welcome to the ArcadeEngine sub forum!

Post by malte » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:17 am

Welcome to the new ArcadeEngine Forum, now hosted on the Runtime Revolution website.

For those of you who don't know me yet, let me introduce myself first.

I am Malte Brill, CEO of derbrill Multimedia a long time Revolution addict and passionate scripter.

Since 2002, all our programs are written exclusively with Runtime Revolution. Soon I realized the huge potential of Revolution as a multimedia authoring tool and the simplicity of creating reuseable code, so I started to work on a Multimedia library that has become what is known as ArcadeEngine.

Creating games involves a lot of math. And to be honest, most people don't like dealing with math. Don't be afraid! ArcadeEngine can do all the heavy lifting for you to create smooth, asynchronus animation, detect collisions and a lot more. If you want to see if ArcadeEngine is for you just head over to revselect and download the trial version and/or Showcases. If you are new to the Revolution you might also find our tutorials useful.

Enjoy!

All the best,

Malte

Return to “Animation Engine”