Can't create standalone for Windows

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

tcbretl

Can't create standalone for Windows

Post by tcbretl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:18 pm

I have created a stack that uses Animation Engine to detect collisions. It works great as a Mac standalone, but it doesn't work when saved as a Windows standalone. I have read other posts related to this question, but nothing seems to work. Can someone give more detailed directions for creating a Windows standalone that includes Animation Engine? I am using a Mac to create my stacks.

malte

Post by malte » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi,

do ou get any error messages? Are you sure animationEngine is loaded and in use on windows? How did you include animationEngine into your standalone? As AE is just a library, there is not much of a difference in functionality across plattforms.

All the best,

Malte

tcbretl

Post by tcbretl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 am

No error messages. No, I don't think animationEngine is loaded and in use on Windowns. How do I make that happen? For the Macintosh standalone I really didn't have to do anything special to include animationEngine in my standalone. I just included start using stack "animationEngine" in the stack script.

malte

Post by malte » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:41 am

Hi,

I assume animationEngine is in the defaultFolder for your mac application then.

What I tend to do is to make animationEngine a substack of my application stack. This approach has one downside, but I find this to be the most reliable way.

Code: Select all

set the mainstack of stack "animationEngine" to "yourStackNameGoesHere"
If you build your standalone now, you will need to add the inclusions for your standalone manually, as the standalone builder can not search for required inclusions on password protected stacks, thus the searching fails on ae.

Hope this is any help,

malte

tcbretl

Post by tcbretl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks. I think I finally understand what is going on.

Return to “Animation Engine”