Wishlist

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

malte

Wishlist

Post by malte » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Please post feature requests for AE here.

Skip

Re: Wishlist

Post by Skip » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Tutorials and "Playgrounds" to demonstrate and teach the capabilities of AE.

qberty1337

Post by qberty1337 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 pm

// Allow an extra parameter for the Fading, moving, changing functions to check a stack property if it's false or true to immediately cancel the function that is being run.

// aeStopMoving alternative for aeFading,aeChanging

malte

Post by malte » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 am

@Skip: Noted.

@qberty1337: How should the behaviour be if you cancel a fade? Return to the blending value you came from?

Cheers,

Malte

qberty1337

Post by qberty1337 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Oops, didn't know you replied.

As for the returning value. I think that should also be param'd. As in, let the dev choose if the cancellation will revert the fade back from where it started, or allow them to just cancel it right there and keep it's current faded value (this would be useful for timed events or dynamic situations).

Also i've run into some other needs for AE. It seems like when I use ChangeHscroll or VScroll and delete that field before it's finished, AE force-stops and errors out. When that happens, even when trying to use ANY AE command, it wouldn't work. I'd have to restart livecode just to get AE back to normal, which is weird and doesn't really make much sense since AE should be able to do the same commands more than once even after failing the first time. When Fading fails because it "can't find background", i simply make the object exist and it works right after that. But if I use CHangeRect, MoveTo, or Scrolling itll fail continuously.

In other words, we'd need a way to stop an automatic command like MoveTo,CHangeRect and Scrolling immediately for a particular object (maybe specified through a param) so that AE won't give an error just because it can't find the object it was previously working on.

I love the ease with AE and it's fading effects, but a lot of people are quick with their mouse and literally cut off a lot of commands before they get to finish. We just need that easy "off switch" for individual objects that AE is manipulating.

hmm, that's all I can think of really. AE is pretty sick already. Maybe for some new functions, it could have something to do with progress bars, or maybe have like a chained event. Where one function would call another right after it within AE. So instead of having 4 lines of aeFading 4 different objects, we could use 1 line with 4 object params and 1 timing param (or 1 switch param,1 or more object params, 1 timing param). Obviously not for a speed increase, but would clean up my coffee-stained code :P

Return to “Animation Engine”