same code different result

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

Samuele

Re: same code different result

Post by Samuele » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 pm

bn wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:17 pm
Hi Samuele,

I think that the reason why the composed image moves worst than the one image is the fact that apparently Livecode has trouble moving those 6 images in sync.

I scaled your images to their original size and then took a snapshot from the group they were in. Then I scaled down the one resulting image to approximately the size of your multi image group.
For "button" function I overlayed the image with buttons. The right most is the one with the script.

Animating the newly created "one-image" group is a lot smoother then the multi-image group.

Kind regards
Bernd
oh wow, thanks!!! that worked, so, to understand, the problem was that it moved too heavy images, so if I put less heavy images it should be smooth right?
and what i said earlier that this happend when i changed the resolution in livecode, was it just because they got heavier that way?
Thanks.
Samuele.

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Samuele wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 pm
oh wow, thanks!!! that worked, so, to understand, the problem was that it moved too heavy images, so if I put less heavy images it should be smooth right?
and what i said earlier that this happend when i changed the resolution in livecode, was it just because they got heavier that way?
Thanks.
Apparently the number of images play a role (1 being best). From what I read buttons move easily.

I would prepare one image as I did and overly the functional parts of the image with buttons for the code.

Kind regards
Bernd

Samuele

Post by Samuele » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:25 am

bn wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:18 pm
Samuele wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 pm
Thanks.
Apparently the number of images play a role (1 being best). From what I read buttons move easily.

I would prepare one image as I did and overly the functional parts of the image with buttons for the code.

Kind regards
Bernd
ok thanks!
Samuele.

Return to “Animation Engine”