compiler and other features for thesis

Using LiveCode in research or teaching of post secondary topics? Share your interests with other academics.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

alexrr

compiler and other features for thesis

Post by alexrr » Tue May 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi, i'm italian and i would use livecode as an argument of my thesis.
You know if(and where) i can find technical information about the compiler and other features livecode?
I try mostly technical information about how the compiler.
Thanks!!
ps.sorry for my bad english :cry:

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: compiler and other features for thesis

Post by BvG » Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm

LiveCode is closed source, so there's no need to document any of it's components publically. What information are you looking for specifically?
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Tue May 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Additionally, for speed LiveCode compiles scripts to bytecode for running in a virtual machine in much the same manner as java. The bytecode format itself is necessarily proprietary and encrypted. Does this help any?

alexrr

Post by alexrr » Wed May 04, 2011 8:23 am

BvG wrote:LiveCode is closed source, so there's no need to document any of it's components publically. What information are you looking for specifically?
Seeking any information available about the internal operation (only what is published) but I dont know precisely where to look.

mwieder wrote:Additionally, for speed LiveCode compiles scripts to bytecode for running in a virtual machine in much the same manner as java. The bytecode format itself is necessarily proprietary and encrypted. Does this help any?
thanks, that's something. you know where can I get more information?
Scripts are compiled into bytecode for running in a virtual machine. After this, the bytecode is transformed into another way for each os?
In java I get the JVM to run the programs, in livecode i have no VM installed to run the program .. I am sorry but it is not easy for me ... :cry:

thank you both!

Return to “Research and Post Secondary”